Temperature

Fett21

Ok hope to get to the bottom of this. I'm doing a beta program with superchips trail dash 2 on my 2017 jkhr. Now my issue is ever since I started doing the 93 tune (93 octane fuel). The temp has been running around 212 while I'm driving but as soon as I stop it jumps to 225 and higher. Got out 230 today.

What temp is safe for the jeep? I'm worried about killing my jeep.

Only easy day was yesterday

TRLJNKY

That seems way high to me. Avg for me under load is about 210. Thats a 3.8 though. 220 and up would scare the hell outa me. Your fan is kickin on?

It's half past f'it with the CAPS lock on!

WJCO

Meme King
Really shouldn't go over 210. When this happens, see if your fan is working. Also check that radiator isn't plugged with mud. Getting hot at a stop usually is related to airflow.

medic_23387

Mine started getting hot a year ago. I ended up changing everything but the radiator. Turns out it was the fan. It kicked on and ran like nothing was wrong but the rpms were way lower than they were supposed to be.

Fett21

Now here is the kicker. I only have 5000 miles on my jeep. Just did my first oil change. Only been off road once. And there's no mud anywhere.

Fett21

Coolant still full and the one fan does kick on in higher speeds as temp goes up. I'm use to old school engines running at 180 or 190

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
One thing you need to look at is the program for the 93 tune. It may have it so that the engine runs hotter to help with the combustion and may not kick the fans on till that point. Just take a look at it

TRLJNKY

Can you factory reset and check temps? If it still runs hot I would take it in to the dealer (warranty) before you warp heads or have catastrophic failure. Let them deal with any mechanical issues. If it doesnt than its def a tune issue that you will have to work through. I think Cozdude may be on to something but 220 and up is way to hot.

It's half past f'it with the CAPS lock on!

Fett21

Yeah I have it back in Stock but it's still has 93 fuel in it. And it's still heating up to 226. Looks like I'll be taking it in soon.

Top Bottom