Rear coil correction wedges

Romac2223

Today I will be installing a 2.5" Rock krawler max travel lift and my question is do I need to add the coil correction wedges to prevent bowing in the springs?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
coil correction wedges to prevent bowing in the springs?

This is a thing? When I installed my rear 1350, I just pointed the pinion towards the transfer case and figured the bow in the springs was from rotating the axle... :idontknow: But it hasnt caused any issues in the last 15k miles

Ddays

Hooked
This is a thing? When I installed my rear 1350, I just pointed the pinion towards the transfer case and figured the bow in the springs was from rotating the axle... :idontknow: But it hasnt caused any issues in the last 15k miles

Yup. I bought the retarded mid arm kit that makes it it even worse. Without the wedges mine could easily be mistaken for slinkies

aermotor

From my experience the wedges will do little to nothing to actually help spring bow.

On my last JK I installed the JKS adjustable spring perches and was very happy with them. People say don't worry about the bow, but I do, it's pretty extreme on my 4" lift with the axle shoved back a bit. I might cut off the stock perches and weld new ones on as I really don't like it.

IMG_8114-2.jpg

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
From my experience the wedges will do little to nothing to actually help spring bow.

On my last JK I installed the JKS adjustable spring perches and was very happy with them. People say don't worry about the bow, but I do, it's pretty extreme on my 4" lift with the axle shoved back a bit. I might cut off the stock perches and weld new ones on as I really don't like it.

IMG_8114-2.jpg

that is ABOUT what mine looks like... I'll see if I can click a pic after work :idontknow:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Here's mine (sorry for the crummy pic, my lens is broken on my phone) it doesn't seem nearly as bad. I have rear pinion 1 deg shy of the driveline Per JE Reel spec

20170413_155740.jpg

Journeyman

I installed the wedges from synergy and they did what they were supposed to do. My passenger side spring would get hung up on my track bar and now it doesn't. I'm rolling 3" of lift.

The Cock Father

Mine aren't quite that bad but close with the wedges.
The passenger side coil rubs the track bar just enough to keep taking the paint off after I repaint it 😂

So what's the cause? I always thought it was because the axle was pushed further back. I'm guessing that's not the case...

Oreo

So what's the cause? I always thought it was because the axle was pushed further back. I'm guessing that's not the case...

When you install a lift kit, your upper rear control arms are lengthened to rotate your axle upwards slightly. This corrects the poor pinion angle caused by lifting the jeep.

Oreo

I've got a 4" lift with Rock Krawler wedges and although they don't completely eliminate spring bow, they keep them from hitting my track bar.

The Cock Father

HTML:
When you install a lift kit, your upper rear control arms are lengthened to rotate your axle upwards slightly. This corrects the poor pinion angle caused by lifting the jeep.

Thanks!

So will my new Dynatrac Pro 60 cause this, or are the brackets rotated to allow for the lift?

I'm thinking since it's designed for a 3+" of lift, the problem won't exist?..

Top Bottom