Speaker question

Hey there WAL deplorables. have a question for y'all. I am upgrading the speakers in the jeep tomorrow and just came across this deal on best buy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/kicker-...ofer-cones-pair-black/7708042.p?skuId=7708042

Seem like they have great reviews and i can egt both pairs for $70 pre tax. good price? I was considering the alpine type r setup, but for this price point i think i should be good.

Also, for you guys that have done this what tools do i need? I need to go pick up some new socket sets tomorrow.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Like I said in two other threads on this yesterday.
Upgrading only speakers will not do a whole much for you at all.
Toy factory radio is only pushing like 18 watts

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I am not sure about that amp. I didn't have one in my jeep. You can try it, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't sound good.
I replaced my head unit, put new amp in, all new speakers, all new speaker wire and new sub

If you're talking about the alpine power pack I have heard good things and they will be plenty of power to have a loud set of speakers. It doesn't take much to get them moving when comparing to radio power. No comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

awesome, thanks. I think i will pick one up tomorrow also, just have not installed a stereo in about 15 years, so that should be fun.

Kalums

awesome, thanks. I think i will pick one up tomorrow also, just have not installed a stereo in about 15 years, so that should be fun.
Amazon has the power pack for about 100$ right now, I was actually looking at them. Power Acoustik also has a good amp (5 channel) for 86$ right now but it's 1-2 months out for delivery and much larger, it's the GT52500.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
For those of you that want to go with component speakers. Here is where I mounted rear tweeters on the sound bar. I found this to be most flat location for the tweeters so sit nice I flush.
IMG_4322.jpg
IMG_4323.jpg
IMG_4324.jpg

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
And here is where I mounted my aftermarket amp. I made a mount for it out of some flat metal strips. I took the seat out, line everything up, center punched few points and drilled bunch of holes. I have it set up so I don't have to take the seat out in case I want to take the amp out, only remove 4 corner bolts and drop the unit.
IMG_4328.jpg
IMG_4329.jpg IMG_4330.jpg
IMG_4331.jpg

Mikeyboc

For what it's worth: I upgraded speakers, added amp and sub, but left the stock head unit and used an audio control lc7 to try and clean up the signal. It was noticeably better than stock, but when my HU was caught in the rain and I replaced it with a Pioneer 4100nex it all came to life. Sound is only as good as the weakest link.

I also have my amp mounted under passenger seat and it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom