How can I figure out what gears I have?

BlackJKU08

I have a 2008 JKUS, and as I noted in another post, possibly need to do repairs to my rear diff. I'm trying to figure out what gears I currently have and if it might be in my best interest to regear when I have to do this repair.

BdugJK

Hey just go to the jeep website. You can email them with your VIN and they will email the build sheet with all the information from when your jeep was built. The stock gearing will be on the list as well. Good luck!

You probably have 3.21s or 3.73s

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Hey just go to the jeep website. You can email them with your VIN and they will email the build sheet with all the information from when your jeep was built. The stock gearing will be on the list as well. Good luck!

You probably have 3.21s or 3.73s

Yes, this ^^^^^

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I have a 2008 JKUS, and as I noted in another post, possibly need to do repairs to my rear diff. I'm trying to figure out what gears I currently have and if it might be in my best interest to regear when I have to do this repair.

Did you buy new and/or are sure the gears are still stock? You could always lift a rear tire and spin one full revolution and see how many times the pinion turns.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Your only other option is to pull the cover and spend the differential around and on the side of the gear will be marked what ratio it is. That would be the easiest way to know absolutely for sure. Because if somebody is already changed it then it's not stock... Obviously. If you have to get in there to see if you need work done you might as well pull the cover off now and make sure you read the side of the gear to know positively what you have.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Your only other option is to pull the cover and spend the differential around and on the side of the gear will be marked what ratio it is. That would be the easiest way to know absolutely for sure. Because if somebody is already changed it then it's not stock... Obviously. If you have to get in there to see if you need work done you might as well pull the cover off now and make sure you read the side of the gear to know positively what you have.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Agreed, this way you'll know for sure.

Top Bottom