How did you route your winch cable to you JK

cuongdyna

How did you route your winch cable to your JK? Pictures would really help. Just trying to got some ideas.

Thanks

Last edited:

Pushrod

I routed mine down between the bumper and under the grill/radiator, over to the passenger front fender well and worked it under the air box and up to the battery. The cable was the perfect length tor the route. Lots zip ties keep the cables in place.

Serg5000

I routed mine through the last vent on the grill on passenger side then just hugged the right side of the engine compartment. Then I ran two wires to the inside so I can operate the winch from the driver seat without the remote.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I routed mine through the last vent on the grill on passenger side then just hugged the right side of the engine compartment. Then I ran two wires to the inside so I can operate the winch from the driver seat without the remote.

Wireless? Or did you rig something up? I'd be interested in this Serg.

MTG

Caught the Bug
OP-mine went under the grill, up along the passenger side, and back to battery. Not many choices with the cable. Use zip ties to secure as needed.

Frank/prime-google search "in cab winch control" and there are a bunch of instructions including schematics.

cuongdyna

OP-mine went under the grill, up along the passenger side, and back to battery. Not many choices with the cable. Use zip ties to secure as needed.

Frank/prime-google search "in cab winch control" and there are a bunch of instructions including schematics.

Thanks everyone for your help.

This is what I ended up doing.

Prime8

Ok. Any opinions on switch panels? Thinking about the Offroad Engineering panel, like in Moby, but haven't done enough research yet to make a decision.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ok. Any opinions on switch panels? Thinking about the Offroad Engineering panel, like in Moby, but haven't done enough research yet to make a decision.

For just the winch control the ORE panel is overkill. If you are going to run more switches that's what I would get. Otherwise for just the winch control this is all you need,

incab-2.jpg

Prime8

For just the winch control the ORE panel is overkill. If you are going to run more switches that's what I would get. Otherwise for just the winch control this is all you need,

incab-2.jpg

Yeah, I would want it for the winch (including compressor), lights, and for ARB lockers in the future, once my rubi lockers die or I get new axles.

Top Bottom