Ball Joints

JK2DR

Looking to replace my ball joints at the same time that I do my lift and c gussets, any ball joints better then others besides the dynatracs? Budget doesn't line up with dropping $500 on the dynatracs right now, so looking for a cheaper alternative, or am I better off waiting and buying those?

J

JKDream

Besides pro steers, synergy may be your next best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yep - They're the most budget friendly.
I have quite a few miles on mine with 37's and they're still as tight as new.
I have heard of some QC issues from them though - and developing play very quickly.
This could likely be from people using the wrong/no grease though.

JK2DR

Also looking for suggestions on ball joint press, better off renting one or will the harbor freight?
Last time I was had some help that brought a snap on set

J

JKDream

Also looking for suggestions on ball joint press, better off renting one or will the harbor freight?
Last time I was had some help that brought a snap on set

I'd rent one - that's what I did.
I believe there's a dodge adapter you may need if I remember correctly.
Also keep a ~18mm socket on hand as the upper ball joint will likely press out of the casing before the casing presses out.

tgoss

No offense to anyone running synergy ball joints but they are trash and honestly no better than stock. I went through 2 sets in less than a year, left and right sides. Prosteers solved that issue.

If you can't swing for Dyantrac's just get OEM equivalents, the synergy offer nothing above those.

I've also looked at rare parts ball joints, never run them but heard very good things.

10abadilla/jk

No offense to anyone running synergy ball joints but they are trash and honestly no better than stock. I went through 2 sets in less than a year, left and right sides. Prosteers solved that issue.

If you can't swing for Dyantrac's just get OEM equivalents, the synergy offer nothing above those.

I've also looked at rare parts ball joints, never run them but heard very good things.
I've heard that before. I ended up going with moog. Life time warranty and I can switch them out any time at no cost. Just my time. That gives me time to save up for prosteers.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK2DR

Was looking at the teraflex ones, but don't like the idea of grinding down the axle to clear the ball joint.
Also saw rugged ridge alloys on the north ridge site, but haven't heard much about them

OhNoTheJiggies

I bought the synergy ones, the the next day realized that they are the same as alloy USA ones.
Alloy USA ones are a couple bucks cheaper and carry a 5 year warranty vs. synergys 1 year.
So returned synergy and bought alloy USA.
I rented a press from auto zone. They gave me a kit with like 7 pieces in it. Terrible... but it was my first time so I didn't know better yet.
After popping my balljoint removal cherry, I went in search of a better kit and ended up at advance auto. They gave me a big kit with probably around 20 pieces in it. This kit had everything I needed.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Basically all ball joints (except for the dynatrac) are the same. Moog, crown, synergy, etc. A good friend said to me once, and it has held true over the years, that "its expensive to be cheap". So all that money your going to "save" now with a cheaper option is just going to get burned later on even more so.

My suggestion is to wait and save up just a little longer till you can afford the dynatracs. You seriously will not be disappointed

Top Bottom