Help with tire carrier to many options

salty_jk

20160805_174123.jpg
This is my current setup im looking to upgrade

I like the dv8 tc-1 and the evo tire carrier but we do as much overlanding as we do rock crawling so we are in and out of the back door of the jeep almost everytime we stop so that got me thinking about evos new tire carrier or crawler conceptz rear door tire carrier.

I need a carrier that will hold a 40" tire (thats probably the next jump) but also have room for a high lift and a couple rotopax

Thanks,
Brian

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
EVO's new tire carrier is only rated for a 37" tire, so if the goal is 40's I would consider another carrier. That being said, EVO uses that tire carrier with a 40 on spicy chicken.. but that rig is still fairly new. Not sure if it will hold up, but I imagine it might be fine if your not doing anything crazy

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
EVO's new tire carrier is only rated for a 37" tire, so if the goal is 40's I would consider another carrier. That being said, EVO uses that tire carrier with a 40 on spicy chicken.. but that rig is still fairly new. Not sure if it will hold up, but I imagine it might be fine if your not doing anything crazy

Spot on response. :cool:

JeepJeep75

Looking at the way LOD builds their carriers, myself having the door-linked gen3, I think it could easily handle a 40. With my carrier swung out, sticking straight out towards the back, with a 35 and beadlock, and a high lift, I can still put my weight on it without any noises, creaks, or sagging down. After two years, and a slight re-adjustment, it closes tight and is completely rattle free. My $0.02 on LOD! [emoji106]

IBSMSHN

Well I now Tera Flex said theirs can run a 40.... but I know EVO is more stout then there's so when I go bigger I'm just going to keep it the same until it breaks or stays....

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug

Go with the evo tailgate or with the exo carrier.
Here's a picture of my lod. But only holds up to a 37" tire. IMG_1678.jpg

View attachment 253551
This is my current setup im looking to upgrade

I like the dv8 tc-1 and the evo tire carrier but we do as much overlanding as we do rock crawling so we are in and out of the back door of the jeep almost everytime we stop so that got me thinking about evos new tire carrier or crawler conceptz rear door tire carrier.

I need a carrier that will hold a 40" tire (thats probably the next jump) but also have room for a high lift and a couple rotopax

Thanks,
Brian

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Rated to a 40", Hi-Lift Jack mount included, optional tank mounts that are predrilled for RotopaX.

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-5001.htm

1/4" steel
Powder coat included
Tow rated receiver
Dual tapered bearings on 1-1/4" thick post
100% American made

:beer:

Top Bottom