Flat Towing Questions

crowrb29

I was wondering what your guys' take was on flat towing a lifted JKU with a full size SUV or pickup. Is this something that is doable? I've seen people do it with TJs and XJs but JKUs are quite a bit heavier.....

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

What's the issue you're foreseeing? I've never done it with SUV or truck, but I'm pretty sure plenty of guys do. All the dudes that super mod the Jeep and then tow it to the trail.

RSQCON

It's certainly doable but I would avoid flat towing all together if that's an option. There are numerous documented cases of the Jeep slipping into gear and overheating causing it to catch fire.

upnover

I flat towed mine behind a 1/2 ton across the country. No issues, no overheating, no fires. Only disconnect once when the roads became icy due to storms. With the Evo bumper it was easy, swapped out the d-rings for the rock hard blue ox mounts and hooked it up.

Blackhawkip

I was wondering what your guys' take was on flat towing a lifted JKU with a full size SUV or pickup. Is this something that is doable? I've seen people do it with TJs and XJs but JKUs are quite a bit heavier.....

I flat tow my JKU and have zero issues. Towed it across country. Easy to hook up and disconnect and don't have to worry about parking a trailer. The JK is setup to flat tow. Never heard of a transfer case slipping into gear. Would like to see that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agiron

What system would you guys use to flat tow a Jeep, I'm moving to Washington next month and need to figure out how to get two vehicles and a uhaul up there with two drivers

Top Bottom