Need some help here

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Which long arms? Are they sure the put the frame side control arm mounts in the correct places?

WJCO

Meme King
If all 4 arms are adjustable, couldn't they just change the location of the axle and reset the caster? I'm not familiar with the setup but doesn't seem like the long arm kit should change the location of the sway bar links. Not sure why this problem would exist now but didn't before.

jmedgar

I may be off in my thinking but wouldn't they just need to shorten both upper and lower arms an even amount to keep the caster the same but pull the axle back to a more stock location? Here is mine stock to give you an idea of the clearance. IMG_6141.jpg

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
If all 4 arms are adjustable, couldn't they just change the location of the axle and reset the caster? I'm not familiar with the setup but doesn't seem like the long arm kit should change the location of the sway bar links. Not sure why this problem would exist now but didn't before.

This is how the arms are currently set. I wish I could go down there and look at everything but the shop is 2-3 hours from me
IMG_3565.JPG IMG_3564.JPG

Build Thread - "Jenny"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?41740-The-build-of-Jenny&highlight=build jenny

R

RockyMtnAnvil

The springs appear to be bowing a bit, but more so the bump stop extensions and the compression stop seem to be out of alignment. In other words, the arms appear to be pushing the axle too far forward. It's difficult to tell exactly what's going on in pictures...

Edit: I need to get faster at responding or refresh before I respond so I can stop repeating what others have already said...

Last edited by a moderator:

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
The springs appear to be bowing a bit, but more so the bump stop extensions and the compression stop seem to be out of alignment. In other words, the arms appear to be pushing the axle too far forward. It's difficult to tell exactly what's going on in pictures...

Agreed. It's driving me crazy not being able to go look at it. And it would appear that the lower arms are adjusted all the way in so the arms can't be brought back any farther. And there's no going back with this kit now...

Build Thread - "Jenny"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?41740-The-build-of-Jenny&highlight=build jenny

R

RockyMtnAnvil

Sharkey is likely on to something... If the lower arms are as short as they will go and caster is set at 6*, the position of the frame mounts would be the likely culprit.

R

RockyMtnAnvil

But no they should have them in the Evo brackets

I would specifically request photos of the mounts. I've seen shops screw up a lot worse than that! And don't even get me started on my own personal top ten installation blunders! :cussing:

Edit: Dammit! Too slow again!

Top Bottom