Getting rid of the mildew smell

Just a quick post. Im sure Im not the only one to have experienced the "why the fuck is my carpet wet" moment in my JKU. Here is a good trick I found from my years as a detail manager at a local dealership.
Once youve drained the water and sucked up what you can, get some isopropyl alcohol and fill a fresh spray bottle. Spray the carpet both underneath the padding and on top of the carpet itself, give it an hour or so in some sunlight and BAM!! No mildew smell.

Silly I know, but I just had to deal with this and wanted to share how to prevent/rid the smell of mildew.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Just a quick post. Im sure Im not the only one to have experienced the "why the fuck is my carpet wet" moment in my JKU. Here is a good trick I found from my years as a detail manager at a local dealership.
Once youve drained the water and sucked up what you can, get some isopropyl alcohol and fill a fresh spray bottle. Spray the carpet both underneath the padding and on top of the carpet itself, give it an hour or so in some sunlight and BAM!! No mildew smell.

Silly I know, but I just had to deal with this and wanted to share how to prevent/rid the smell of mildew.

"it hasnt rained in weeks, how the hell is my carpet wet under my floor mat?!?!?!" :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

But anyways I'll have to keep this in mind since its officially topless season! :thumb:

Top Bottom