Speaker Wire Help

DirtyEditionjk

I have a 2012 JK with the upgraded sound system, well its no longer enough so i got some new subs and know the "stock" amp wont hold them but do i need to take apart the dash to wire the new RCA cables or can i piggy back off of the ones that came stock? and if so witch ones are they?

Oreo

I have a 2012 JK with the upgraded sound system, well its no longer enough so i got some new subs and know the "stock" amp wont hold them but do i need to take apart the dash to wire the new RCA cables or can i piggy back off of the ones that came stock? and if so witch ones are they?

Unless you have an aftermarket radio, you will need to tap into your speaker wires and buy a line out converter. From there you can run RCA wires to an aftermarket amplifier. When I had subwoofers, I tapped into the wires going into my head unit.

EDIT: I'm not 100% positive but you should also should be able to just tap into the speaker wires leading to your stock amp under the steering wheel. My Jeep doesn't have the stock amp and sub so I'm not sure.

By the way, welcome to Wayalife. Why don't you give us a wave and introduce yourself.

Last edited:

quertyman

You shouldn't have any issues going off the factory subwoofer wires. As long as the line out converter you use can handle the (low) wattage of the stock sub you are golden.

dakotawade

I've Used lineout converters before-and had no problem I actually really like them and they're really convenient and cheap but when I installed them on my 2007 Jeep off the factory sub wires I had nothing but problems with them. Ended up taking them out

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom