Pinch seam trim

Gibbo

In anticipation of 35"s in a week or two, I'd like to trim my pinch seams this weekend. I've been searching for a thread or write-up on the subject, but haven't found anything. Can someone please post a pic of their trimmed pinch seam so I can get an idea of how much to take off. Many thanks:D

Peej777

Just recently did mine, no pics tho...sorry :( I trimmed mine just before the factory weld, so there's no need to jb weld or anything :) No clearance issues whatsoever w/my 35's. just rounded it off w/a grinder and hit it with some touch up paint. Only took about 15 min to do :)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Random google image that shows it well. You just cut the corners off to make them more rounded. And by rounded I mean not a sharp edge.

CameraZOOM-20120714171141821.jpg

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Random google image that shows it well. You just cut the corners off to make them more rounded. And by rounded I mean not a sharp edge.

CameraZOOM-20120714171141821.jpg

Hey Overlander,

Is that your Jeep? Looks sweet! What's the spec's on it?:rock:

Last edited:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I thought I saw a thread with you running with Eddie. Anyho, I like the color on yours. What have you decided to go with? Mine's a slow go build. A little at a time.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Anyone know of a write up or video on this? I need to do this soon. Def before I go wheeling again.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
There is one on YouTube but you don't really need it. Just mark and cut. A right triangle will get the trick done.

bubblegoose1

It's very simple. Sawzall; take the full sharp corner off to match the curve of the wheel well. It is foam filled; spray with bedliner and done. Mine have been cut for almost 3 years; zero issues, zero rust. Cut took 20 min during my lunch break.

Md_rubi

First round of trim work when I got tube fenders made
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1360017652.723199.jpg
Marked for cutting

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1360017722.619391.jpg
Careful the foam will catch on fire!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1360017755.345042.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1360017767.785113.jpg
What was trimmed

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1360017788.337965.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1360017801.552598.jpg
Plate welded

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1360017822.264969.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1360017835.779467.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
There is one on YouTube but you don't really need it. Just mark and cut. A right triangle will get the trick done.

Mark it? Where's the fun in that?

Just get a new sawzall metal blade and go for it. Then a little black spray paint and you're good to go. 👍

Gibbo

Well, thanks for all the info, it's more than I expected. It seems different people need to trim different amounts to suit their needs. I have a 4.5" lift, so I don't think I'll have to go to wild:)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Mark it? Where's the fun in that?

Just get a new sawzall metal blade and go for it. Then a little black spray paint and you're good to go. 

It was for Frank. Mall crawlers need to be perfect and pretty so it needed to be marked to keep it even.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
It was for Frank. Mall crawlers need to be perfect and pretty so it needed to be marked to keep it even.

Yup, don't be a hater. I am a member of the JMCOSC society and and soon to be made a senior member. (Jeep Mall Crawlers of So Cali). Do you know how many times I've had to go shopping a s wash my Jeep to be made a senior member? 👌

Top Bottom