Poison Spyder products

TexasJC

I was wondering what everyone's general overall opinion was on their products. I've found that I like their bumpers and flares, and before ordering, just wanted to see any opinions on how they are when it comes to overall products. Thanks

rinkishjk

I have their brawler lite with stinger and the hd cross member. I'm very happy with the quality of both. I would buy other products they sell! I've been thinking of getting the hood louvers also. I don't think u can go wrong with psc.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I like their bumpers a lot and run their HD cross member. Their fenders look great and while they can take a BIG hit and still look great, they will do damage to your body - I have seen it happen more than once. Their rocker guards look great but, the ones made from tube is more of a light to medium duty setup. I have seen where a good hit to them will cause them to bend up and enough so that you can't open your doors.

TheMikeD

I have their bumpers, bombshell diff covers and I just dropped off my brawler rockers at the powder coater.

I like their stuff! :)

rinkishjk

I like their bumpers a lot and run their HD cross member. Their fenders look great and while they can take a BIG hit and still look great, they will do damage to your body - I have seen it happen more than once. Their rocker guards look great but, the ones made from tube is more of a light to medium duty setup. I have seen where a good hit to them will cause them to bend up and enough so that you can't open your doors.

Very interesting Eddie. I trust your knowledge as u most definitely have seen this in person.
As far as strength, would u say the nemesis sliders are stronger than the psc sliders?
My lod sliders have taken lots of hits, and I've even had my jk on a lift using the sliders and they are solid.
As far as a bolt on slider, which would u say is the strongest?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very interesting Eddie. I trust your knowledge as u most definitely have seen this in person.
As far as strength, would u say the nemesis sliders are stronger than the psc sliders?
My lod sliders have taken lots of hits, and I've even had my jk on a lift using the sliders and they are solid.
As far as a bolt on slider, which would u say is the strongest?

I have abused the hell out of the LoD and Shrockworks sliders I used to have and they've both did great. I personally like the LoD's more as they were built beefier, look nicer and served as a good step. The Nemesis sliders are in part mounted to the body and, while they are strong, I'm not as keen on this type of design. Over time, I have seen similar sliders start to buckle the body under extreme use. It is my understanding that EVO is coming out with a bolt on slider system and, from what I've seen, it should be real nice.

BrandonDetrick

I have abused the hell out of the LoD and Shrockworks sliders I used to have and they've both did great. I personally like the LoD's more as they were built beefier, look nicer and served as a good step. The Nemesis sliders are in part mounted to the body and, while they are strong, I'm not as keen on this type of design. Over time, I have seen similar sliders start to buckle the body under extreme use. It is my understanding that EVO is coming out with a bolt on slider system and, from what I've seen, it should be real nice.

Evo bolt on sliders sound right up my alley ! Any idea when we can expect em ? I hope very soon lol

JAGS

Hooked

Did you just let the cat out of the bag? I'm interested to see EVOs take on these. They haven't been too high on others bolt on sliders for the reasons you've mentioned.

rsbmg

Banned
Interesting the differences of opinion out there on things you would think people could agree upon. I have only used tub mount sliders and loved them. Out in the rocks I don't think I have ever seen any of the hardcore rock crawlers use frame mount sliders. They get hung up way more than tub mount sliders, frame mounts often flex on a hard hit and damage the tub anyway and many feel that frame mount stiffen the frame in that area too much causing problems in other areas where it flexes.

You can do a simple google search on frame vs tub mount and it seems clear to me most feel tub mount has every advantage over frame mount. Of course there is some who disagree as in anything but I don't know I have not seen a very compelling argument made for frame mount sliders. To each their own of course that's why we have choices. Just throwing it out there in case somebody is contemplating a slider purchase. Look around and research before deciding. :)

Of course the actual design has everything to do with the debate so it is difficult to just say one is better than the other without knowing the manufacturers in question. Perhaps the new EVOS will address some frame mount weaknesses :twocents:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^^ Could you winch your Jeep back onto its wheels using tub sliders as the attachment point? I've seen pics of two different jeeps getting flipped back over using the EVO sliders. That says a lot to me about the strength.

Tub mounted sliders seem no different than great big metal flat fenders. I don't care how strong they are, if you hit them hard enough they will do damage to the body because that is where they attach.

dhughes

Banned
I had ps rock sliders on my TJ and they mounted to the tub. I had to winch it over twice using them as a recovery point without damage. Now granted this was on a TJ and was the older design but they held up great. Just another opinion based on usage.
ru5aja3y.jpg

rsbmg

Banned
If you hit anything hard enough it will damage your jeep. I have never seen a jeep sustain damage with "quality" tub mounted sliders. Ever. As for winching a jeep back over, yes you could with tub mounted sliders however if that is your selling point for rock sliders you might be missing the point of rock sliders. As I said earlier, ask around, in the end its your money and you are free to spend it how you choose but if you are going to really play in the rocks just know that there are reasons the majority of companies who build quality products build tub mount sliders. That is not to say those that choose to build frame mount are not quality by any means.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^^ Lol! Next time I happen to run into somebody with some real rock running experience I'll make sure to ask them.

rsbmg

Banned
Or you could call up Poison Spyder, Rokmen, Genright, Saavy Offroad, Nemisis and Metalcloak and ask them why they chose to build tub mount. You main gain some perspective that you didn't have before.:beer:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
If you hit anything hard enough it will damage your jeep. I have never seen a jeep sustain damage with "quality" tub mounted sliders. Ever. As for winching a jeep back over, yes you could with tub mounted sliders however if that is your selling point for rock sliders you might be missing the point of rock sliders. As I said earlier, ask around, in the end its your money and you are free to spend it how you choose but if you are going to really play in the rocks just know that there are reasons the majority of companies who build quality products build tub mount sliders. That is not to say those that choose to build frame mount are not quality by any means.

I have, I've seen more than one of the top brand tub mounted sliders smash the body up. I've never ever seen any damage on the Evo slider.

Top Bottom