Help me choose my new half/tube doors!

Napalm

Well, it's finally looking to where I'm able to budget for a set of half/tube doors within the next month or so. I'm reaching out to my WAL family to get some input, thoughts, and opinions on this "large" purchase for me. Before you guys recommend some true half doors, just know going into it that I cannot spend over $600ish, and I don't need the doors to have/accept uppers. I'm expanding my horizons to tube doors just because they look cool but don't do much. Here are MY three finalist listed in order.

1) Bestop Element Doors ($586)
IMG_2566.JPG
These are super versatile doors. They can be enclosed with a steel enclosure at an extra cost or mesh storage pockets can be used on them.

2) Aries Tube doors ($557)
IMG_2565.jpg
While Aries is a company I am still trying to figure out, it seems that these tube doors have great internet reviews. In my opinion they look good(beauty is in the eye of the beholder[emoji23]) and seem like they've been holding up well for the people that have done long term reviews on them. They had the best reviews of all three contenders. They also accept factory mirrors and all hardware is included to run them. If I got these, I'd purchase a set of factory mirrors with them.

3) Rancho Tube doors ($650)
IMG_2628.JPG
I can't help but like these doors the more and more I see them. They are the most of the expensive of my picks, but I love the quality of them, they are made in the USA, and they can have the SpiderWebShades added into them for great looks!

So, here is what I am asking. I need some real world experience with these contenders from people that run them, as well as some good ole fashion opinions, and input from anyone willing to take the time to type it. I am open to suggestions but just consider my budget that I am limited too. Thanks guys!

There were no tops bought or wheels traded in the making of this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So long as you're looking at Bestop, any reason why you're not looking at their tube doors? You can always get skins for them at a later date and they can be painted.

Ddays

Hooked
I have a set of Body Armor doors that I really like. I like running with no doors even better but sometimes the tubes are nice. Pretty good quality. I'd buy em again.

Sent from my VS985 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I really like the Rancho tube doors. They are well made and the finish on them is solid. They latch nicely too. You don't have to run the nets but I think it looks better. Those can always be bought later. I think they usually run about $330 a pair so times 2 on an Unlimited. I get compliments every time I run them, and they seem to be the stand out item to many.

IMG_0081.JPG

dillard09

The Body Armor trail doors are awesome! But unfortunately, they are out of my price range.

Check with AU Bronc N JK, he had a full set of Body Armor gen III for sale a couple months ago and dont think he has sold them yet (or at least it don't say he has on his sale thread). He wanted 500 for all 4. Maybe y'all can work out a shipping deal. Worth a shot!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I really like the Rancho tube doors. They are well made and the finish on them is solid. They latch nicely too. You don't have to run the nets but I think it looks better. Those can always be bought later. I think they usually run about $330 a pair so times 2 on an Unlimited. I get compliments every time I run them, and they seem to be the stand out item to many.

View attachment 254918

I have a set of Rancho doors and I'd have to agree, they're real nice too.

Andy5160

Hooked

View attachment 254918

Really nice doors. What kind of net you run on them?

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Really nice doors. What kind of net you run on them?

They are the Spiderweb Shades made just for these doors. The cool part is they come in a bunch of colors so they can be tailored to ones taste. I liked classic black but have seen nice examples of color matching like blue skins on a blue Jeep. For the OP his might look good with the grey or even red to match his accent color.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
In that price range, id have to agree that the Bestop tube doors look awesome. You can always add the spiderwebshade nets to them at a late date as well. I had their soft half doors on my CJ7 and honestly didn't care for them too much. They were a little flappy going down the road, and even though I loved that they had uppers, in the rain the lowers would soak with rain and start dripping through the fabric.

Not sure if you have heard of them, but for 675 a set (4 door), M and M offroad sells what they call the blackout tube doors. You can also get them with skins, but at a greater cost. I like that the tubes go away from the interior and give you a bit more room. They remind me more of a buggy door I guess, but may be worth checking out.

alexandram

I'll go for a Bestop as well, it looks classy and I guess you will be paying the right price if ever you go for the said door.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Don't get the besttop soft doors. They are extremely hard to get molded to the door jam and they never seat right. I used mine maybe all of 3 times before I gave up on them and they have been in the basement ever since.

Do as eddie mentioned and get the bestop tube doors that way you can add the skins on at a later date and have them color matched.

aa2

i'm running a different tube doors from your selection mate but you might want to consider it....i can't fault it, tough powder coated steel from rugged ridge

Napalm

Check with AU Bronc N JK, he had a full set of Body Armor gen III for sale a couple months ago and dont think he has sold them yet (or at least it don't say he has on his sale thread). He wanted 500 for all 4. Maybe y'all can work out a shipping deal. Worth a shot!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for the tip, man! I bumped the thread and sent him a PM.

View attachment 254918

I have a set of Rancho doors and I'd have to agree, they're real nice too.

I've looked at the ranchos! While the tube door itself isn't completely out of my range, getting the spiderweb shade for them puts them over my price range. I'm not a fan of them without the shade!

In that price range, id have to agree that the Bestop tube doors look awesome. You can always add the spiderwebshade nets to them at a late date as well. I had their soft half doors on my CJ7 and honestly didn't care for them too much. They were a little flappy going down the road, and even though I loved that they had uppers, in the rain the lowers would soak with rain and start dripping through the fabric.

Not sure if you have heard of them, but for 675 a set (4 door), M and M offroad sells what they call the blackout tube doors. You can also get them with skins, but at a greater cost. I like that the tubes go away from the interior and give you a bit more room. They remind me more of a buggy door I guess, but may be worth checking out.

I just checked them out and those are SWEET! They look super cool. For the doors with the skins they are $775. Maybe I could see if I can expand my budget.

EDIT: Did a little more reserch and found out that they are about $1250 with the skins.. looks like they will be out of my price range! Thanks for the recommendation though!

I'll go for a Bestop as well, it looks classy and I guess you will be paying the right price if ever you go for the said door.

Don't get the besttop soft doors. They are extremely hard to get molded to the door jam and they never seat right. I used mine maybe all of 3 times before I gave up on them and they have been in the basement ever since.

Do as eddie mentioned and get the bestop tube doors that way you can add the skins on at a later date and have them color matched.

Yeah, I think these are gonna get added to the list. They are on the high end of my price range but I might could make it work!

i'm running a different tube doors from your selection mate but you might want to consider it....i can't fault it, tough powder coated steel from rugged ridge

Last edited:

SHHHWAY

The Body Armor trail doors are awesome! But unfortunately, they are out of my price range.

Worth the $ if you can swing it. I run mine every day
20170316_183700.jpeg

View attachment 254918

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

The Bestop Soft doors have been knocked out of my finalists category for now.

They have been replaced in the running with the elements :)

Last edited:

Andy5160

Hooked
They are the Spiderweb Shades made just for these doors. The cool part is they come in a bunch of colors so they can be tailored to ones taste. I liked classic black but have seen nice examples of color matching like blue skins on a blue Jeep. For the OP his might look good with the grey or even red to match his accent color.

Thank's this set up works for me.

Top Bottom