Bent axle??

cgar32

OK so long story short my wife ran over a car with the JKU. The dealer replaced all the control arms but my question is, the front tires on the jeep seem to be leaning out / \ and I am wondering if anyone has had this problem? I will try to get a pict posted up soon. Any thoughts?

tdougherty81

OK so long story short my wife ran over a car with the JKU. The dealer replaced all the control arms but my question is, the front tires on the jeep seem to be leaning out / \ and I am wondering if anyone has had this problem? I will try to get a pict posted up soon. Any thoughts?

I took a direct impact with a Tahoe to the top of the drivers side front tire and it bent the C on that side.

WJCO

Meme King
Had them do an alignment and toe is good. It looks like the bottom of the tire is pointing out.

If toe is indeed good and tire is pointed out like that, sounds like a camber problem. Either C is bent or something really messed up happened to one of the ball joints. Whoever did the alignment should have a spec sheet showing what the camber is at. Even though it's not adjustable, they still should have brought it to your attention or the attention of your insurance company. One thing that you could easily check is check the unit bearing for play.

cgar32

If toe is indeed good and tire is pointed out like that, sounds like a camber problem. Either C is bent or something really messed up happened to one of the ball joints. Whoever did the alignment should have a spec sheet showing what the camber is at. Even though it's not adjustable, they still should have brought it to your attention or the attention of your insurance company. One thing that you could easily check is check the unit bearing for play.

I will get it on jack stands tonight after work and check the bearing for play. I am thinking the C maybe bent. Called the dealer who fixed it and I can't get in till next Monday...

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Had them do an alignment and toe is good. It looks like the bottom of the tire is pointing out.

The alignment specs will tell you almost everything that is wrong. Instead of bringing it back in, request the Alignment Specification Sheet from the dealership and then either post it up here or have some one with experience take a look. If the dealership does not have the alignment specs, then demand your refund, explaining that they could not prove that an align was done without it.

Good luck.

musky

I just aligned my JK last night after replacing some parts, and according to our new hunter system at work, the max camber is -.6 on the front before she goes red. With all new components my Jeep has -0.5 camber on left, and -0.7 on the right(which is technically out of spec). I have read online that others have similar specs with a brand new JK, so I don't know how much negative camber is too much before it starts chopping tires up. Too make a long story short though, a little bit of negative camber is OK. Just have the tech who did your alignment pull up the spec sheet from when they did it after the wreck. Most newer alignment racks save the measurements with each work order.

Top Bottom