Parts: experience and opinions

TheFALCON

So I have been looking at a lot of different parts and such for my jeep.
I've searched though the forums and hadnt seen a thread for something such as this. I am new and dont want to waste money. I figure ill tap into your experiences. Plus im freakin new! So lets get this started.

Currently looking at some cool additions.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1360022300.707131.jpg

The above is
Smittybilt XRC Armor Rear Corner Guards
For 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door

I love the look of these corner guards. Does anyone have experience with them??

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1360022450.064451.jpg

The above I'm not sure what its called. Really dig this look though.

So hopefully you guys have some input post what you like. "Dream" parts etc..

NEVER STOP JEEPIN!

kaptkrappy

So I have been looking at a lot of different parts and such for my jeep.
I've searched though the forums and hadnt seen a thread for something such as this. I am new and dont want to waste money. I figure ill tap into your experiences. Plus im freakin new! So lets get this started.

Currently looking at some cool additions.

View attachment 14874

The above I'm not sure what its called. Really dig this look though.

So hopefully you guys have some input post what you like. "Dream" parts etc..

Hello and welcome.

That is a Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I don't have any experience with that part but I have all smittybilt stuff on my Jeep right now. If I'd have done my research I would have EVO sliders and the EVO 1/4 pounder or LOD for about what I paid for the Smittybilt sliders and front bumper. Not sure about my rear Smitty bumper, probably would have gone with LOD.

That being said my only advice is to continue on your path of research before ever spending a dime! There is TONS of useful info about many different brands of equipment for your rig on this forum so do your due diligence and select the best gear for your budget and style.

Have a read through some of the build threads in the show off pics and vids area. :twocents:

Welcome to WAYALIFE!

JUNKYARD DOG

Looks like Heavy Metal to me. Consider the weight you are adding to the top end of the Jeep with parts like these.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I wouldn't buy those shittybilt corners/armor/fender things.

It's really hard to do things once and be happy with it unless you know exactly where you want to be with your build in the end, if there is an end. I am not a fan of those fenders though.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I have the front and one of the first sets of ShittyBilt Front fenders. I like the look, but the fitment was questionable. I had to cut some of the rocker part of the fender off to get the passenger side to fit.

I have seen the rear corners on a few rigs first hand and I wouldn't touch them, they don't fit snuggly and as such rocks and dirt get between your paint and your fender, meaning if you ever remove/get rid of them, you have screwed up paint.

If you want full corner replacements, look at the EVO and PSC corners. You can either retain the the factory flare and trim to your liking or you can look at having each vendor's add-on flares to each corner. I run the EVO corners with the trimmed OEM flare. Love'em.

1yellowjk

I kind of see where he's going with this thread..it's a "Learn from others mistakes" thread..or "What I would have done differently"

Just in case your product surfing....Without trying to product bash; I can say without a doubt that I would NEVER purchase ANYTHING from Body Armor. Their customer service was horrible. The rails/sliders I bought appear to be designed by a blind man with a twitch, if I hadn't already drilled the holes for the nut certs I would have melted down the rails and made an missile to shoot through their offices.

Sorry for the rant. :)

That front bumper looks more at home on an F350 Farm Truck and less for a Jeep.:icon_crazy:

Md_rubi

Fab four has been around and they are known for their full size trucks bumpers. I remember that bumper back in 07/08 and considered it but full width wasn't for me.

TheFALCON

I really gotta say I am happy I formed this thread. Anything you guys suggest for a bumper similar? I really like the looks of that cut of fender as well. Personally looks I don't know "futuristic" lol. Thanks again everyone !

NEVER STOP JEEPIN!

Top Bottom