Will it fit in my garage?

Glocksub

Hello to everyone here, longtime lurker and first post.....

I will be purchasing a new JKU later this year and am getting funds together for a lift, wheels and tires. One requirement I have to stick to is to be able to get the jeep into my garage. I've got 80" in height to work with.

Originally I was planning to go with a AEV 2.5 and 315's/35's on aftermarket 17in wheels. However, lately I have been preferring the looks of the 3.5 with the 35's. I will be running stock front and rear bumpers for the foreseeable future. I've driven keeps with both lifts and am happy with the ride improvement over stock on both. I'm just not sure that the 3.5 with 35's and no added weight of bumpers or winch will be under 80".

I'm hoping someone here can weigh in with accurate measurements on their comparably equipped hard top JKU. I've done a lot of searching all over the net and have come up with varying dimensions.....I will have no problem getting the 2.5 in the garage, it's really the 3.5 I'm unsure about. AEV gives dimensions that include the weight of their bumpers and tire carrier, which I will not have.

Really appreciate the help!

JK2DR

Hello to everyone here, longtime lurker and first post.....

I will be purchasing a new JKU later this year and am getting funds together for a lift, wheels and tires. One requirement I have to stick to is to be able to get the jeep into my garage. I've got 80" in height to work with.

Originally I was planning to go with a AEV 2.5 and 315's/35's on aftermarket 17in wheels. However, lately I have been preferring the looks of the 3.5 with the 35's. I will be running stock front and rear bumpers for the foreseeable future. I've driven keeps with both lifts and am happy with the ride improvement over stock on both. I'm just not sure that the 3.5 with 35's and no added weight of bumpers or winch will be under 80".

I'm hoping someone here can weigh in with accurate measurements on their comparably equipped hard top JKU. I've done a lot of searching all over the net and have come up with varying dimensions.....I will have no problem getting the 2.5 in the garage, it's really the 3.5 I'm unsure about. AEV gives dimensions that include the weight of their bumpers and tire carrier, which I will not have.

Really appreciate the help!

Dont have a JKU but do have a 2 door hard top, have the evo 3" lift, which gave me almost 4" of lift, and 37" tires and am sitting just under 78" to the highest point of my jeep. My garage door opening is also 80" and my brothers JKU fits with a 4" lift and 35s

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! I run 40" tires and about 3.5" of lift and park my JK in my garage without any problems. I think at it's highest point, it measures about 75" right now. In other words, you should be fine unless your lift yields a TON more lift than is advertised.

JK2DR

LOL!! I run 40" tires and about 3.5" of lift and park my JK in my garage without any problems. I think at it's highest point, it measures about 75" right now. In other words, you should be fine unless your lift yields a TON more lift than is advertised.

That's crazy, does your jeep sit lower then mine because of the weight difference? Mines a 2 door with only a front bumper, no winch or rear bumper/tire carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Glocksub

Ok, thanks for the replies so far. I'm starting to feel a bit better about going with the 3.5 and 35's. I'm guessing the stock height of a 4 door wrangler is not actually 73" as I've seen online, due to the lifted heights y'all describe.

The dealer nearby has several with rubicon express 3.5 lifts and 35's, although you can't get any accurate measurements on them because they park them on rocks and other off camber positions.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I have AEV 4.5" lift with 37" now. I fit in my one car garage at the condo I live at. I did have to adjust the garage door to open up a bit more. This could be done on the garage opener. I still have about 3" of clearance with the hardtop.

Glocksub

Thanks to everyone who responded.

I believe some garage openings are 84"/7ft, but my actual clearance is 80". I take it some of you are in the same boat?

My next house will have useable garage door heights and widths without question!

zimm

Caught the Bug
A soft top is taller than a hard top, but I still fit in my garage. I did try backing in with the soft top flopped open, that was a no-go. I put a big dent in the vinyl trim of the house, luckily the top survived! A CB antenna is the biggest issue, I have to run a 2 footer to clear the door. If I go on a real off-road trip, I swap in a 3', but have to change it back when I get home.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Thanks to everyone who responded.

I believe some garage openings are 84"/7ft, but my actual clearance is 80". I take it some of you are in the same boat?

My next house will have useable garage door heights and widths without question!

Try to adjust how far the door will open on the opener itself. There should be a little dial on there. I had do mine, I gained about 5" inches

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
A soft top is taller than a hard top, but I still fit in my garage. I did try backing in with the soft top flopped open, that was a no-go. I put a big dent in the vinyl trim of the house, luckily the top survived! A CB antenna is the biggest issue, I have to run a 2 footer to clear the door. If I go on a real off-road trip, I swap in a 3', but have to change it back when I get home.

Did you ever try a quick disconnect for the antenna. I love mine for that reason.
IMG_4431.jpg

Glocksub

Try to adjust how far the door will open on the opener itself. There should be a little dial on there. I had do mine, I gained about 5" inches

I actually had read about the possible adjustments, problem is that when my door is all the way up, any further adjustment wouldn't help because it's already in line with the header, almost exactly at 80".

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I actually had read about the possible adjustments, problem is that when my door is all the way up, any further adjustment wouldn't help because it's already in line with the header, almost exactly at 80".

Maybe a picture will help? Can you take one.
Remind me later I'll measure up my garage. I am in a condo and have 1 car garage I believe on the smaller side of the standard garage opening.
I have Aev 4.5" lift with 37 and still fit

Glocksub

Maybe a picture will help? Can you take one.
Remind me later I'll measure up my garage. I am in a condo and have 1 car garage I believe on the smaller side of the standard garage opening.
I have Aev 4.5" lift with 37 and still fit

That'd be great if you could measure your garage when you have a chance. Your jeep looks incredible by the way.
I'll see if I can snap a photo this evening

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
That'd be great if you could measure your garage when you have a chance. Your jeep looks incredible by the way.
I'll see if I can snap a photo this evening

Thanks

I just took these photos yesterday when I crawled to the mall for the last time with my AEV jeep.
IMG_4413.jpg
IMG_4412.jpg
IMG_4415.jpg

Then I did this lol

IMG_4423.jpg
IMG_4425.jpg

I will sure miss those bumpers. Aev makes some ice stuff, but it's time for something different for me. I'll have to front bumper for sale soon

Glocksub

What is your plan for new rear bumper and tire mount?

Also, were you able to eat any measurements on your jeep or garage yet?

Top Bottom