Hello from a Sceep owner!

MacManInfi

Hi all! I'm a long time lurker as I have been building a Jeep (sort of!) for a number of years. Actually it's a 1969 International Scout on a 2009 Jeep Rubicon chassis with a supercharged LS and 6L80E transmission swap. A buddy of mine called it a "Sceep", half Scout, half Jeep, and the name stuck.

You'll be able to recognize lots of bits and pieces. Obviously all the drivetrain, minus the motor and trans are all Jeep, along with the suspension, gauge cluster, steering wheel, even the gas filler is the jeep one.

Some back story on it. I bought the Scout six years or so ago. Looked pretty good but the engine overheated, there weren't enough gears go run on the freeway, the steering ration was awful. I looked into rebuilding, but wanted to upgrade. Priced out new axles, a motor swap, transfer case, trans, etc. and it was going to be pretty spendy. Found a wrecked Rubicon on ebay that was running and driving - all body damage. Figured buying the Jeep was a cheaper way to get most of the parts I wanted. Put a long arm kit on the Jeep chassis, dropped the Scout body on it and drove it for a few months that way. Blew a gear in the trans and decided to do the V8 swap and put in a stronger trans at the same time. All the emissions stuff was maintained so it's a clean running Scout.

Anyhow, I just got the body sprayed by Line-X a few weeks ago. I brought it home and painted all the bits that weren't lined - door jams, under hood, windshield frame, etc. Finally got it reassembled enough to drive to work today. Still have to clean up the wiring, put some carpet in, weatherstripping and more so it's going to keep me busy for a while. Also I'd like to put some 35's on it. But in the meantime, I get to drive it and enjoy. I am hoping to catch up with some SoCal jeepsters soon!

IMG_20170424_141519sm.jpg IMG_20170424_141531sm.jpg IMG_20170424_141540sm.jpg IMG_20170424_141553sm.jpg IMG_20170424_141608sm.jpg IMG_20170424_141653sm.jpg IMG_20170424_141706sm.jpg IMG_20170424_141836sm.jpg IMG_20170424_141911sm.jpg IMG_20170424_141938sm.jpg

Last edited:

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Nice build. I dig it. Looks like put a lot of work and heart in it.
Welcome to Wayalife. I am glad you decided to give us a wave.

Sceep is looking good!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
That's cool as shit! :thumb:

Do you have any build pics of this? I'd love to see the progression of this one. Did you have to shorten the frame at all? What about the track width? Was it the same as the Wrangler?

Last edited:

JeepJeep75

That is such a great fit between the jeep chassis and the scout body!!! Amazing work you have done! Curious how you register the Sceep with the DMV. Is it registered as a Scout or a Jeep? Badass rig for sure!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom