JKU Rancho Sport and Trail Systems - opinions

brave417

Just bought my 5th Jeep, 1st brand spankin new 2017 JKU. I now have 1500 miles, so it's time to start equipping it for some overlanding in the near future.

I'm looking for a 2.5"-3.5" lift and I know I want to get the following: multi rate coils, adjustable LCAs, adj front trackbar, upgradable, and will most likely run RS9000s. Not concerned with getting a kit that includes ALL of these things together. I already have a set of 35s to run, but want to make sure I can swap up to 37s, even if it means modifying fenders. I plan on installing a new 1310 DS to avoid issues with the exhaust and/or caster angle (even tho the LCAs should help). I also plan on adding some weight via either a full roof rack or in a tire carrier mounted rack.

All that said, I've been looking at the Rancho 3" Trail System (RS66107B) and the 3.5" Sport system (RS66110B) while comparing against RK, AEV, and some others. The current rebate makes these Rancho systems pretty appealing. Rancho also lists an exhaust crossover pipe as required with these lifts. I assumed this was their competitor to other manufacturers' spacer fix at the DS POC.

Does anyone have experience or opinions on either of these systems?

Also if I replace my factory DS with a 1310 (JE Reel), I no longer need an exhaust mod at this pinch point, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

pedroj14

Just bought my 5th Jeep, 1st brand spankin new 2017 JKU. I now have 1500 miles, so it's time to start equipping it for some overlanding in the near future.

I'm looking for a 2.5"-3.5" lift and I know I want to get the following: multi rate coils, adjustable LCAs, adj front trackbar, upgradable, and will most likely run RS9000s. Not concerned with getting a kit that includes ALL of these things together. I already have a set of 35s to run, but want to make sure I can swap up to 37s, even if it means modifying fenders. I plan on installing a new 1310 DS to avoid issues with the exhaust and/or caster angle (even tho the LCAs should help). I also plan on adding some weight via either a full roof rack or in a tire carrier mounted rack.

All that said, I've been looking at the Rancho 3" Trail System (RS66107B) and the 3.5" Sport system (RS66110B) while comparing against RK, AEV, and some others. The current rebate makes these Rancho systems pretty appealing. Rancho also lists an exhaust crossover pipe as required with these lifts. I assumed this was their competitor to other manufacturers' spacer fix at the DS POC.

Does anyone have experience or opinions on either of these systems?

Also if I replace my factory DS with a 1310 (JE Reel), I no longer need an exhaust mod at this pinch point, correct?

I do not have personal experience with Rancho, but I run the Evo enforcer and know people that run the Rock Krawler.

I am not a fan of control arm drop brackets since they kill some ground clearance and the factory LCAs are not as strong as other aftermarket options (depending on the type of wheeling you will do, this may not be an issue).

I will recommend a rear adjustable trackbar as well, since the relocation brackets do not quite re-center the axle completely and I am not sure the Rancho kit comes with a rear trackbar relocation bracket.

If you are running 35s (what I run), I would go with 3.5" of lift for more flex.

With regards to the exhaust, I have the exhaust spacers and it has worked pretty good, but would not need these with an aftermarket driveshaft.

On the other hand, you should consider correcting steering geometry with a draglink flip or pitarm drop.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
It's a heck of a deal with the rebate. I know someone who said the ride is comparable to EVO, so much softer than AEV or RK. Their control arms do not use Johnny joints like EVO, but at the price point with the rebate, their lifts are very attractive.

el_chupo_

I dont have experience with the 3 or 3.5", but I have been very pleased with the 2" with the 9000 series shocks.

Had a buddy that I picked up from the airport after I had it on for a bit (I dont think he had ever been in a JK before this) who had just spent some time in an older wrangler, had several lifted vehicles of his own, and commented how much better it rode than he expected.

FWIW, I am running EVO LCA's with the 2" sport lift for a perfect alignment and future upgrade plans, I dont see the point of drop brackets if you know you will be in rocks. I would be a bit less worried for forest roads/overland type stuff.

Top Bottom