Bolt J-Mount

SunWolf

About to get a Hi Lift extreme jack and wondering if anyone on here uses a Bolt J-Mount on the driver's side. I think it looks pretty cool in that spot. If you have one can you show off your pic and comment with any pros and cons of the Bolt J-Mount? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SunWolf

Yeah they look neat there but IMO it puts them at risk of trail damage if you slide off of something and it hits it will do jack and body damage

Thanks for the input. I'm about ready to just get it and try it out. I'm sort of at a strange excited point after having my first jeep for almost 2 months now and the many possibilities for aftermarket enhancements. I think most people on here can relate. It's so much fun.

BaddestCross

Thanks for the input. I'm about ready to just get it and try it out. I'm sort of at a strange excited point after having my first jeep for almost 2 months now and the many possibilities for aftermarket enhancements. I think most people on here can relate. It's so much fun.

Lol. Yeah, Jeeps are like an adult Lego set. Just be careful... You don't want to be this guy. 😂

tapatalk_1493262658688.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

I would take black pearl's advise. You will be putting that Jack in a vey bad spot. Not only will be getting hit on obstacles but also you need this things kept lubricated. Hard to do when it's covered in mud or dirt. Also if you are in really deep mud, like say up to the doors, how do you plan to get it if you need it to assist getting you unstuck

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

SunWolf

I would take black pearl's advise. You will be putting that Jack in a vey bad spot. Not only will be getting hit on obstacles but also you need this things kept lubricated. Hard to do when it's covered in mud or dirt. Also if you are in really deep mud, like say up to the doors, how do you plan to get it if you need it to assist getting you unstuck

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for your input. Something to think about.

SunWolf

Lol. Yeah, Jeeps are like an adult Lego set. Just be careful... You don't want to be this guy. [emoji23]

From the beginning, my wife refered to my Jeep as my "Lego Truck"... I keep snapping one part off and snapping another on.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have a feeling I will be trying things for a while and just relocating stuff to a different spot if I don't like it.

JeepinDingo

20170401_105749.jpg 20170329_164912.jpg

I've had mine for a month or so, and couldn't be happier. It's super quick to take off when you need to use it. My buddies were skeptical when they saw it, but when we needed it, mine came off quick and easy. They were quite impressed. It's actually very solid, and doesn't rattle or bounce around. You'll definitely want one of those jack handle isolators shown in my pics.

The only con I've heard about is that the paint can be damaged by the part that presses against the fender. To fix this, they have started sending a small clear 3m sticker that is placed where it contacts the body. For extra protection, I added a felt pad to it also.

When I'm not on the trails, I remove my jack to keep it out of the elements. But that's up to you.

The lock is a great feature. It's easy to key it for your jeep key which is super convenient. It seems very secure.

There seems to be a lot of negativity about this mount, but mostly from people that haven't used it. To be honest, I was a little skeptical when o bought it too. But after the first time on the trail, I was convinced I made the right choice. I highly recommend it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

quertyman

Don't have a hi-lift yet, but I think the best place for them to go is on the roll cage in the back. It's out of the elements and all locked up in the jeep. And it also takes up zero storage space. (Stole pic off google)
C9593808-DC5B-4C45-85A5-1566265EC3E0-7992-000005803A8EC338.jpeg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL! Over the last 25+ years, I have acquired 4 Hi-Lift jacks, still have 3 and NEVER carry a single one with me on the trail anymore. They sure do look cool mounted on a Jeep though. :yup:

Top Bottom