Reid vs. Stock knuckles

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are the stock outers strong enough to use on say a pr44?

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

Yup, stock knuckles are plenty strong and they are what I run. The only thing you'll get with Reids is a high price for a set of orange knuckle that only offers about an 1" of additional clearance at the tie rod. For the money, I would save up just a bit more and get a Currie HD tie-rod instead.

munstie

Thanks again for the info Eddie, my son was excited to see we were in part 2ofof the heartland video as well.
So you are running 44 knuckles on the pr60???

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So you are running 44 knuckles on a pr60??? We will be running Redbird at the end of March figured we would do something different than the Badlands.

Sorry, I was referring to our other 2012 JK. It still has a factory 44 :D

munstie

The 30 and 44 knuckle are the same aren't they?? Looking like I'm gonna be putting a pr44 up front, not sure I can afford the 60 up front but I will plan on a 60 outback for sure. Still have that thought in my head though will I regret not putting a 60 up front decisions, decisions :banghead:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The 30 and 44 knuckle are the same aren't they?? Looking like I'm gonna be putting a pr44 up front, not sure I can afford the 60 up front but I will plan on a 60 outback for sure. Still have that thought in my head though will I regret not putting a 60 up front decisions, decisions :banghead:

Yes, they are the same for both a 30 and a 44. You should be fine with a PR44.

Top Bottom