JK Draglink

Zevulin

I'm going to be installing the Evo draglink flip and know that I need to get a 13/16th's drill bit, was just curious about the difference in size and why Evo manufactured the kit making it necessary to enlarge the hole.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

I'm going to be installing the Evo draglink flip and know that I need to get a 13/16th's drill bit, was just curious about the difference in size and why Evo manufactured the kit making it necessary to enlarge the hole.

Because the hole is tapered from the bottom up. So when you install the draglink in a flipped position you're trying to pull the taper through the smaller portion of the hole.

J

JKDream

Is the bottom of the taper 13/16?

It is very close. Most (99%) of draglink flip kits use a tapered sleeve because reaming out the hole with a tapered reamer needs to be very precise. Most people are not capable of getting it perfect enough with a hand drill. The sleeve allows for some misalignment in the drilling, while still remaining tight.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

So the sleeve is tapered? Appreciate all the help guys, just waiting on UPS to deliver all the goodies, in the interim random thoughts keep coming up about why certain things are. Went to look for a 13/16 drill bit today, no one carries bits that large, ordered one through my local mom & pop hardware store.

Yes. It has a slit in the sleeve that expands when you tighten the draglink. It acts as a taper.

Andy5160

Hooked
So the sleeve is tapered? Appreciate all the help guys, just waiting on UPS to deliver all the goodies, in the interim random thoughts keep coming up about why certain things are. Went to look for a 13/16 drill bit today, no one carries bits that large, ordered one through my local mom & pop hardware store.

Yes it took me about 5 auto parts shops and 3 hardware stores until i found that drill bit.

jeeeep

Hooked
I've been using Green Grease for the last few years, water proof, drop point up to 500* F - stuff stays in place and works great.

Zevulin

Does it make a difference with the Evo lift if I install the coils and shocks first and then the draglink flip/trackbar bracket, or visa versa?

J

JKDream

Does it make a difference with the Evo lift if I install the coils and shocks first and then the draglink flip/trackbar bracket, or visa versa?

No it doesn't matter.
Just make sure you do the draglink flip and bracket at the same time otherwise you'll induce bad bumpsteer.
I just went through this with my flip as I was too eager to put the new draglink in without the bracket showing up.

Zevulin

Question about adding the brake line extensions, does it make a difference if I add each extension and bleed as I go, or add all the extensions and then bleed them?
Thx!

Top Bottom