Order Pro-Rock XD60 with RCV Upgraded CV Shafts?

BeechAV8R

For guys running the Dynatrac XD60 front axle assembly....are you ordering
the upgraded RCV CV Shafts at the time you build your axles or are you upgrading in
the future (after a U-joint breaking)? Just looked at photos in the Dynatrac
"Show off your Dynatrac Axles" section and noticed a lot of RCV "orange ball"
knuckles out on the axle ends.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have been running a ProRock 60 with Dynatrac Competition shafts for about 8 years on Moby - I'm still running the exact same shafts and CTM u-joints. When it came time to get an XD60 for Rubicat, I again got it with Dynatrac shafts. I'll let you know what I decide to do IF I ever break one. Of course, I'm just a mall crawler so that might take a while.

Benito

Caught the Bug
the upgraded RCV CV Shafts at the time you build your axles or are you upgrading in

lol, you must be ready to do some serious hardcore wheeling if you think you need RCVs in an XD60 that already has larger (1550) U-joints than a regular D60 or PR60 (1480) U-joint.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

You were prob mainly seeing them in pr44 cause people don't think that the normal 1350 joints are strong enough.

As wayalife mentioned you will be more than fine with the competition shafts that come in the 60

BeechAV8R

You were prob mainly seeing them in pr44 cause people don't think that the normal 1350 joints are strong enough.

As wayalife mentioned you will be more than fine with the competition shafts that come in the 60

You bring up a good point. Could very well have been PR44 with RCV's.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Over time, RCV's will snap and pop loudly too. They of course say this is totally normal and will not warranty it. Totally lame if you ask me especially being you have to pay such a high premium for them.

Basscat

Had the RCV lifetime shafts on Pro Rock 44 but like the 1550 shafts that come on the XD60 so no RCVs on my XD60.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jorgelrod

Hooked

I plan to beat the crap out of my Dynatrac axle shafts, If I haven't broken one on my D-Turdy yet, I doubt I'll break one made by the guys in Huntington Beach on my PR44...

Top Bottom