Rubbing issue

Bowman

Hello everyone,

I am having a rubbing issue with my newly installed Evo leveling kit and Evo 2.5 king shocks.

I have a 2015 sport 2 Door with STT Pro's (255 75 17) tires

The issue is when I fully crank the wheel fully passenger, the tire comes in contact with the shock. Yet, when I turn fully driver there are no problems.

Can anyone help come up with the correct fix for this problem?

Thanks for the help!

20170428_201121_HDR.jpg
Passenger contact
20170428_201106_HDR.jpg
Driver no contact
20170428_201045_HDR.jpg
Closer on passenger
20170428_201059_HDR.jpg
Closer on driver
20170428_200928_HDR.jpg
Wheels straight passenger
20170428_200908_HDR.jpg
Wheels straight driver ( distance for the shock is grater by a 1/2 inch)

Sent from my LG-H901 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
If you're running OEM rims, you may need spacers. Also you could adjust your steering stops but you'll lose some turning radius.

Bowman

If you're running OEM rims, you may need spacers. Also you could adjust your steering stops but you'll lose some turning radius.
Yes I am running the stock rims.

I was think that spacers were going to be the fix for this problem. Is there any problems that comes from running spacer? Until I permanently fix it with a wheel with better back spacing. It looks like I would just need a inch of space.

kpig

Also, your leveling kit will shift the axle slightly toward the driver side without an adjustable track bar, bringing the passenger side tire a bit closer to the frame. You really don't NEED an adjustable track bar. Just adjust the steering stop a bit and all is good. If you ever go taller, you can readjust the stops at that time.

WJCO

Meme King
Yes I am running the stock rims.

I was think that spacers were going to be the fix for this problem. Is there any problems that comes from running spacer? Until I permanently fix it with a wheel with better back spacing. It looks like I would just need a inch of space.

If you're going to be getting different rims eventually, don't spend the money on spacers. Instead, adjust the steering stops: https://www.wayalife.com/showthread.php?4091-TECH-TIP-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Steer-Stop-Adjustment

If you decide to get spacers, go with spidertrax only, don't get cheap ones. Also, get 1.5 inch ones. A 1 inch spacer won't have enough depth to cover the OEM wheel studs. The OEM studs will stick out and hit the wheel.

As far as issues with spacers, they will increase wear on your ball joints and wheel bearings theoretically, but the average Joe won't be able to calculate how much compared to stock, so don't worry about it. Just make sure to do a dab of locktite and properly torque them.

Bowman

Also, your leveling kit will shift the axle slightly toward the driver side without an adjustable track bar, bringing the passenger side tire a bit closer to the frame. You really don't NEED an adjustable track bar. Just adjust the steering stop a bit and all is good. If you ever go taller, you can readjust the stops at that time.
Thanks for the info! It shifted about 1/2 inch towards the driver side. I'll try out the steering stop adjust. 2 doors have a pretty good turning radius, so reducing it will not hurt much.

Bowman

If you're going to be getting different rims eventually, don't spend the money on spacers. Instead, adjust the steering stops: https://www.wayalife.com/showthread.php?4091-TECH-TIP-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Steer-Stop-Adjustment

If you decide to get spacers, go with spidertrax only, don't get cheap ones. Also, get 1.5 inch ones. A 1 inch spacer won't have enough depth to cover the OEM wheel studs. The OEM studs will stick out and hit the wheel.

As far as issues with spacers, they will increase wear on your ball joints and wheel bearings theoretically, but the average Joe won't be able to calculate how much compared to stock, so don't worry about it. Just make sure to do a dab of locktite and properly torque them.
Thanks for all the great information. It really truly helped a lot. I was hopping I was able to fix this with minor adjustment or spacers.

Top Bottom