Gear upgrade to 4.56 JKU 2016 sport

BaddestCross

I would absolutely go with Off Road Evolution over 4WP. Rebel Offroad in Laguna Hills would probably be a 2nd choice, but I've got no first hand experience with them.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

scrota76

I just went to 4.56 from 3.73 about two weeks ago. I also had them do a rear locker and some other stuff. I was originally quoted $500 for labor ($100 per hour) for just the gears. The Nitro gears i went with were about $500 after tax including the master rebuild kits. I think $1000 to $1300 would be a fair price for parts and labor.

I am still breaking in the gears. I have done my 4 heat cycles and am changing the diff fluid tuesday when i get 200 miles on the gears.

So far i am averaging overall 16 mpg highway and city combined. On the highway at 67 mph i was getting 17.2 mpg. Thats about a 1.5 mpg difference for the better. Biggest difference was going up Cuesta Grade, only downshifted into 4th and held there at 67 mph all the way up. Usually i was gear searching all the way up at 67 mpg, not anymore.

Also, I'm on 35's.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I was quoted for $1700 from 4wheelparts to upgrade my gears to 4.56's has anyone done this and do they like it?
OIIIIIIIO

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you're in Huntington, Offroad Evolution is a no brainer. And especially when compared to 4wp. Don't get me wrong plenty of people have had success with 4wp installs because it really is about what dude is actually doing the work. Offroad Evolution employs quality techs and does great work and you're maybe like a half hour from them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom