Trailready vs dynatrac 60

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Spend $2500-2700 for the trail leader package (installed) or spend $1800 more for the dynatrac 60 semi float?

Currently running 37s. Front 44 is built with 35 spline shafts and Arb. I've read where a lot of people have ran 35 spline in the rear and have had no problems. Main problem is the ring and pinion. Currently have 4.56 but want to upgrade to 5.13s. Will eventually switch to a pro rock housing.

Spending the $1800 more seems ideal for a stronger thicker housing. And a bigger ring and pinion.

Do the d60 bearings hold up?

Max tire size in the semi float 60?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Spend $2500-2700 for the trail leader package (installed) or spend $1800 more for the dynatrac 60 semi float?

Currently running 37s. Front 44 is built with 35 spline shafts and Arb. I've read where a lot of people have ran 35 spline in the rear and have had no problems. Main problem is the ring and pinion. Currently have 4.56 but want to upgrade to 5.13s. Will eventually switch to a pro rock housing.

Spending the $1800 more seems ideal for a stronger thicker housing. And a bigger ring and pinion.

Correction: the rear axle package with Arb and 35 spline shafts. Not the trail leader package..

jorgelrod

Hooked

After speaking with Dynatrac on the issue some time back they told me that the 35 spline axleshafts on their rear 44 package are the same thickness as a 60 35 spline axle shaft. Since a semi float axle puts the load on the axle shaft, it would be safe to assume that the chances of you bending a shaft are pretty much the same. The only true difference is the Ring and Pinion size which is bigger on the 60 but runs on coasting side of the gear since it is a high pinion axle. Unless you go for a special ordered Semi float LP XD60, but that is definitely not a $1K upgrade...

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
After speaking with Dynatrac on the issue some time back they told me that the 35 spline axleshafts on their rear 44 package are the same thickness as a 60 35 spline axle shaft. Since a semi float axle puts the load on the axle shaft, it would be safe to assume that the chances of you bending a shaft are pretty much the same. The only true difference is the Ring and Pinion size which is bigger on the 60 but runs on coasting side of the gear since it is a high pinion axle. Unless you go for a special ordered Semi float LP XD60, but that is definitely not a $1K upgrade...

Probably stick with the pro rock 60 for the ring and pinion. Don't see it available in 4.56 online but pretty sure they'll make one. Been looking at the xd 60 combo. Wife might divorce me if she found out I spend that much.

aermotor

I would save (or swipe) the extra for the completely bolt on and unstoppable PR60—and you can sell your existing axle and recoup a fair amount.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I would save (or swipe) the extra for the completely bolt on and unstoppable PR60—and you can sell your existing axle and recoup a fair amount.

Going to get a pro rock 60. Sell my buddy my rear 44 for his xj. When I break the 44 housing I'll replace it with a pro rock

Top Bottom