Jku lift upgrade ????'s

toolock

Have a Terra flex 2.5"lift on my jkur along with 35's and a few other upgrades to bumpers winch, flares,and whatnot, well I took it to moab and it preformed pretty well but had some difficulties with some of the bigger obstacles and getting enough flex to keep the "rubber to slickrock". Now I feel it's time to get a little more serious with my suspension would like to keep it in the 3000.00 dollar range what lifts do you guys and gals suggest? Thanks for the help

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Randy Tadevich

The first question is what size tire do you want finish with? This help determine your build list. As probably most of us have done, we replace things twice instead spending more the first time. How serious are you going to go? This info will help with peoples ideas, opinions and recommendations for your build. Thanks for your service by the way.

Sent from my SM-J320V using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Wondering at that height, what is limiting your articulation. Are your sway bars disconnected? Are your shocks allowing enough travel? Do you have stock arms and need ones with end-links that pivot. In your budget, there are a lot of good options.

toolock

I'd like to go with 37" tires, right now everything is stock except the arms are from the Terra flex lift. I'm sorta leaning toward metal cloak game changer 3.5" long arm fox edition but I'm concerned about drivability as a dd.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I drive mine daily on a 4.5 with 37's with no issues in the city or on the HWY. You will probably want to do a drag link flip and run good shocks. You'll need gears eventually and need to beef up your axle housing asap for 37's, ball joints will need to be addressed at some point. At 3.5 you'll need flat fenders whether bought or factory trimmed. Lots of people like metal cloak, I would prefer EVO myself for long arms.

toolock

decided to go with a metal cloke 3.5 inch game changer arb edition seemed to fit the bill on all aspects any advise pro or con

Ddays

Hooked
Hope you didn't get the goofy 6 pack shocks. Been known to fail/leak.

As far as articulation, the MC kit isn't any better than the other kits out there. I would look at kits that have Johnny Joint rod ends before I ordered the MC kit - EVO, Currrie, Clayton are three that come to mind.
ca't beat their proven durability.

There are several threads here regarding the MC kit and problems with it. Google is your friend.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
decided to go with a metal cloke 3.5 inch game changer arb edition seemed to fit the bill on all aspects any advise pro or con

I run this with their cheap Rocksport long travel shocks, and I'm happy with it. Flat fenders are a must, and ended up having to add quite a bit of bump stop extension (all comes in kit) because my 37x13.50s stuffed into fenders hard by the time I reach full drop on opposite side.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

austin160

I have the Rocksport also. You will not be disappointed. If you do it yourself take your time when setting everything once it is installed. Once it is on the ground look at how your springs sit and take some pinion angle measurements. It is not a bolt in and run lift kit. There will be some tweaking involved. It is my first adjustable control arm lift so I am learning, but it isn't complicated.

austin160

As far as articulation, the MC kit isn't any better than the other kits out there. I would look at kits that have Johnny Joint rod ends before I ordered the MC kit - EVO, Currrie, Clayton are three that come to mind.

There are several threads here regarding the MC kit and problems with it. Google is your friend.
I researched this kit for a couple months before buying. I wasn't able to find a lot of bad reviews on it. After 1000 miles on it I'm still happy with what I got for the price compared to some others.

Ddays

Hooked
I researched this kit for a couple months before buying. I wasn't able to find a lot of bad reviews on it. After 1000 miles on it I'm still happy with what I got for the price compared to some others.

I should have been more specific. I meant issues with the 6-pack shocks.

austin160

I should have been more specific. I meant issues with the 6-pack shocks.

Gotcha. Those things just look weird to me. That and I'm kind of lazy when it comes to maintenance, so I don't want to have to service shocks also. That takes up beer drinking time. I'm sure they are somewhat strong, but after seeing a fox shock snap I didn't want the exposed piston like that.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Gotcha. Those things just look weird to me. That and I'm kind of lazy when it comes to maintenance, so I don't want to have to service shocks also. That takes up beer drinking time. I'm sure they are somewhat strong, but after seeing a fox shock snap I didn't want the exposed piston like that.

The only thing I don't like on the maintenance side is that unlike Jonny joints the rod ends are not greasable. Or at least without disassembling them. I'm planning on doing mine before too long. It will definitely eat up the better part of a day to re lube every joint.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

bouche03

Have you not read the negative reviews of the Duroflex joints? There are plenty out there concerning their durability and needing to be rebuilt after very short periods of time. As have already said, sticking to a kit with Johnny Joints, which have a long standing record of durability and performance might be more along the lines of what you are looking for.

catahoula

Caught the Bug

The only good thing about 6 packs are.... 🍺

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

toolock

thanks for all the feedback, i looked at alot of lifts in my pricerange and couldnt really find alot of neg things about metalcloke, and no i didnt get the goofy six pack shocks too much money and didnt want to be "stuck with them if i didnt like em. again thanks to all for the info.

Top Bottom