Westin Snyper skid plate

JeepJeep75

Those seem really pricey for what they are. Honestly, with all those pretty cutouts, they will look like shit if you actually use them. IMG_8194.jpg this is only one year of "light" use. The bigger dents in the gas tank skid mostly came from my most recent outing to Big Bear.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Evil

Just my opinion. Take it for what its worth or do your own thing. Its Westin. They make some of the gayest "off road" stuff ever. Like the bull bar etc....

Just based off the way it mounts, I'm willing to bet the 1st time you smack it on a rock, the "skid plate" will dent into wherever you hit. I think this more of a fashion accessory then a protective product.

But again, just my subjective opinion. :beer:

Mark85383

I'll ty it and post a review . I'm not rock crawling so if anything it will be sliding over vs getting slammed.

2017 JKUR

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Just got my Rubicon. Over time I'll do Hard Rock complete set. For now it's better than nothing.

2017 JKUR

Right on. Let us know how it goes. I strayed from the norm as well and it didn't work out so well. Hopefully it's different for you. Always a good thing in my eyes when people are willing to give new products a shot and post up reviews. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'll ty it and post a review . I'm not rock crawling so if anything it will be sliding over vs getting slammed.

2017 JKUR

LOL!! Sounds like you've got money burning a hole in your pocket and so you should definitely spend it on something you don't really need. :crazyeyes:

Mark85383

LOL!! Sounds like you've got money burning a hole in your pocket and so you should definitely spend it on something you don't really need. :crazyeyes:

Don't need? Saving the oil pan or trans pan is worth $160. Since you don't know me you have no idea of what I need and how I value my money. Frankly I likely don't need a $400 skid plate right now. Also $160 to me is not a big deal. A $44,000 vehicle is. That is why I have no plans on taking on huge rocks, deep mud or anything else that will damage the vehicle. Usually try not to reply to idiots but thought you needed some educating. Not that I'm calling you an idiot :rolleyes2:

dwvninety

Don't need? Saving the oil pan or trans pan is worth $160. Since you don't know me you have no idea of what I need and how I value my money. Frankly I likely don't need a $400 skid plate right now. Also $160 to me is not a big deal. A $44,000 vehicle is. That is why I have no plans on taking on huge rocks, deep mud or anything else that will damage the vehicle. Usually try not to reply to idiots but thought you needed some educating. Not that I'm calling you an idiot :rolleyes2:

If you do any mall crawling that skid plate would definitely protect your rig from hitting the sprinkler heads.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

If you have no plans of taking on anything that will damage the vehicle, why are you talking about skids at all? Especially getting a full Rock Hard set like you mentioned above. You could spend the money on something that would look cool driving down the road....like a grumper!

Mark85383

2017 JKUR

So I unboxed today. All the parts are there, the powder coat is even and well applied. 3/16th steel plate. Welds are uniform and smooth. The turned up edges will help as stiffeners. My background, in my 20s 10 years as a structural steel fabricator, iron worker, welder, fitter, etcetera. I know steel and how to work it. Talking 8" slabs squeezed into columns, crazy plate angles and massive structures. While this isn't super duty it is definitely a good cheap alternative for the trails. Plus its not real heavy. If it gets badly dented a little heat and a sledge will work that out. Could always weld an angle iron on top side and it would never bend. If anything the weak link is where it mounts in the front. I'll mount it and report fit next.

Mark85383

If you do any mall crawling that skid plate would definitely protect your rig from hitting the sprinkler heads.

Any particular reason that you are being an asshole or just your natural behavior? Back way to Crown King twice and I've only had the Rubicon a month. Probably more than you can claim. Hope there's a bock feature on this forum because you are a douchebag.

dwvninety

Any particular reason that you are being an asshole or just your natural behavior? Back way to Crown King twice and I've only had the Rubicon a month. Probably more than you can claim. Hope there's a bock feature on this forum because you are a douchebag.

Here ya go.jpg

RageKage

In your 20's you say.... apparently being a steel worker makes you a jeep expert...and yet you've pretty much insulted everyone else's opinion... even called Eddie and idiot... oh but idk if you know this but is the founder of this forum :crazyeyes: we got a live one boys

Last edited:
Top Bottom