Help identify the soft top bolts I am missing!

wardawg

I bought a soft top off craigslist and its missing the bracket that goes to the roll bar. I'm missing the bolts as well. See image for reference:

https://imgur.com/KHJcVhZ

I have identified the one on the left as M6x20x1.00. What is the one on the right? I need four of them, correct?

I guess I dont need the shoulder bolt (attached image).

Attachments

• 153720.jpg
    153720.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Napalm

Yes, the bolts you referenced attach the soft top bracket to the roll bar. You'll need 4 of them. You can get them from quadratec!

As far as the bolt you have pictured, it appears as if that is the bolt that connects the soft top bows together.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RonG

When I bought my soft top off craigslist, it was missing the bolts to connect the top to the roll bar (though it had the brackets). I got the bolts at Ace Hardware from their bolt bins for a fraction of what Quadratec wanted for them.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wardawg

Are all eight the same size? I see M6x20x1.00 (or1.25) written throughout the forums.

Yes, the bolts you referenced attach the soft top bracket to the roll bar. You'll need 4 of them. You can get them from quadratec!

As far as the bolt you have pictured, it appears as if that is the bolt that connects the soft top bows together.

Napalm

Are all eight the same size? I see M6x20x1.00 (or1.25) written throughout the forums.

I'm only talking about the 4 that are attach the bracket to the roll bar. (The ones you have circled in yellow). I've never dealt with the ones in red due to everyone I've see has already been pre attached like as shown in your photo.

jeepbn

Call the guy up that sold it to you. It's probably still bolted to his jeep. He doesn't need it.

16 JKU 6MT
Granite Crystal Metallic

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I bought a soft top off craigslist and its missing the bracket that goes to the roll bar. I'm missing the bolts as well. See image for reference:

I have identified the one on the left as M6x20x1.00. What is the one on the right? I need four of them, correct?

Quadratec sells them. The brackets will come with bolts.

sipafz

Caught the Bug

I had the same thing happen, bought a used OE soft top from a guy that traded his Jeep and the brackets went with it. I bought replacements from Quadratec and they didn't come with any hardware. I just happened to have some spare machine screws so it wasn't a problem. The bolt on the left is a M6x1x20 grade 8 (Why grade 8? Who knows). The rights are also M6x1x20. The picture is showing machine screws which is what I'm using, but I'm not sure if that's original. The shoulder bolts that you show will not work properly so don't use those. You can pick up some bolts or screws at the hardware store. All this reminds me that I should mount my soft top soon!

Last edited:

wardawg

He doesn't. He bought the top from someone else to have as an extra top for his wife's jeep. She never used it in the past 2 years so he sold it to me. He didn't get the top with the bracket and didn't care since his wife's Jeep already had it.

Call the guy up that sold it to you. It's probably still bolted to his jeep. He doesn't need it.

16 JKU 6MT
Granite Crystal Metallic

Yeah, I dont think it's going to come with the bolts. I ordered the brackets and their on the truck for delivery today. The main thing I was looking for was the bolt size. I have no problem running up to ace to get some once the bracket is in.

I had the same thing happen, bought a used OE soft top from a guy that traded his Jeep and the brackets went with it. I bought replacements from Quadratec and they didn't come with any hardware. I just happened to have some spare machine screws so it wasn't a problem. The bolt on the left is a M6x1x20 grade 8 (Why grade 8? Who knows). The rights are also M6x1x20. The picture is showing machine screws which is what I'm using, but I'm not sure if that's original. The shoulder bolts that you show will not work properly so don't use those. You can pick up some bolts or screws at the hardware store. All this reminds me that I should mount my soft top soon!

Top Bottom