Floaty steering

tallguy26

Caught the Bug
So after driving 8 hours twice this week I have noticed that my steering feels a bit floaty. I am going to take my jeep and get my alignment checked. But would love to hear others opinions. Currently running 33 inch tires, 2.5 inch lift, and adjustable track bars.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
So after driving 8 hours twice this week I have noticed that my steering feels a bit floaty. I am going to take my jeep and get my alignment checked. But would love to hear others opinions. Currently running 33 inch tires, 2.5 inch lift, and adjustable track bars.

Is the lift new? Did symptom start right after this? If so, it's likely that caster is too low. If it didn't start after right after lifting it, check steering linkage and track bar for play. Also make sure tire pressure is right around 30 or so.

dirtdonthurt

i have 33's no lift and notice my jeep is floaty when the pressure in the tires is to high. dealer loaded them up pretty high when it went in for warranty work. normally I ride them at 28-30psi

fiend

Caught the Bug

If by floaty you mean it doesn't track straight, check your toe (in addition to caster, as has been suggested).

awdtsi

I'd go through and check all your bolts wit a torque wrench. Sometimes you think they're tight but some of the bolts are around 130 ft/lbs like the control arms and some steering components and maybe you didn't actual get them fully torqued. I'd double check all bolts are set to spec.

tallguy26

Caught the Bug
I believe I found my issue. My ddiver side sway bar end link has a half broken bolt on the top side. So I saw the opportunity for an upgrade and ordered some jks says bar disconnects.

Top Bottom