Dynatrac PR 60 musings

The Cock Father

Getting ready to install my new Hardcore Set. And I'm excited!

Been thinking about control arm length and the PR 60/Pro 60. My understanding is the Dynatrac brackets are rotated a bit on the axles for a 3+" lift to improve caster, pinion angle, etc. So, if the axle already allows for that, do I return my adjustable control arms back to stock length?

Seems like, at least in theory, that all stock lengths would be best because the axles already allow for the lift.

Educate me please.

rockwell

That's a good question. I wish there were more write ups about the swap, I'm reading what I can but there is not a lot of info out there.

AdrockTT

Been thinking about control arm length and the PR 60/Pro 60. My understanding is the Dynatrac brackets are rotated a bit on the axles for a 3+" lift to improve caster, pinion angle, etc. So, if the axle already allows for that, do I return my adjustable control arms back to stock length?

Seems like, at least in theory, that all stock lengths would be best because the axles already allow for the lift.

Educate me please.

Harder for me to be specific (as I'm running high clearance Evo LAs with the PR60s), but there's no substitute for having it measured exactly, adjusted, and aligned/tweaked during install. Maybe do the laborious parts of the install and then take it for professional adjustment/alignment?

rockwell

Did you get your axles? What the crate weigh? Got a pic? Trying to plan for the logistics of moving it around after it gets dropped off at work.

AdrockTT

Did you get your axles? What the crate weigh? Got a pic? Trying to plan for the logistics of moving it around after it gets dropped off at work.

Hope you haven't been skipping crossfit...

Total shipment weight 1,118 lbs / 507.12 kgs

20170306_184250.jpg

20170306_181538.jpg

Benito

Caught the Bug

Educate me please.

Hope you haven't been skipping crossfit...

Total shipment weight 1,118 lbs / 507.12 kgs

View attachment 256532

View attachment 256533

What was the lead time for the axles? Really thinking of ordering a set.

AdrockTT

What was the lead time for the axles? Really thinking of ordering a set.

Ordered 9/29/16. Delivered 12/5/16 - Right near 2.5 months. Please note, I think I had the first set of these axles in the country and they may be more backed up now (from what others have posted?) - You'd have to ask Dyna.

bouche03

Educate me please.

It's actually the end forgings that are rotated for correct caster, not the brackets. Congrats on the axles, those are beautiful to look at!

Nick

LO_Rex

Ordered 9/29/16. Delivered 12/5/16 - Right near 2.5 months. Please note, I think I had the first set of these axles in the country and they may be more backed up now (from what others have posted?) - You'd have to ask Dyna.
As of last Friday when I place my order production is 8 weeks out for these.

Sent from my SM-G930P using WAYALIFE mobile app

rockwell

My build date was 10/24-10/28 of 2016. Axles delivered 12/5/16 (though we did change a few things in-between). I'd def budget for a bit over a quoted build time to be on the safe side..

Is yours the hardcore package ones? The hubs look standard size instead of stub hub, but that might be just the way I am looking at them.

AdrockTT

Is yours the hardcore package ones? The hubs look standard size instead of stub hub, but that might be just the way I am looking at them.

I ordered right when that option came out, mine was basically made into the hardcore. Yes - they're stub hubs.

RSQCON

For anyone interested in purchasing from Dynatrac be advised they are back up and orders are NOT arriving in the 8 week timeline they are still quoting. I am at either 9 or 10 and am still another 1 or 2 weeks out. It's fine I don't care but others should be aware.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
so... you will want to set your pinion between 3° and 4.5° from horizontal. This will net you around 7°-5.5° caster -> I.E. Stock caster numbers. :beer:

Note: this may or may not equate to stock arm length. Just put all the 4 control arm bolts in, and see where you are at... make adjustments as necessary. Easy. If adjustments are necessary, don't forget to check toe, and of course recenter the steering wheel.

Last edited:

Benito

Caught the Bug
For anyone interested in purchasing from Dynatrac be advised they are back up and orders are NOT arriving in the 8 week timeline they are still quoting. I am at either 9 or 10 and am still another 1 or 2 weeks out. It's fine I don't care but others should be aware.

Thanks for the info, called yesterday and they are still saying 8 weeks. It would be awesome if that really is the case. But now I know what to expect.

rockwell

so... you will want to set your pinion between 3° and 4.5° from horizontal. This will net you around 7°-5.5° caster -> I.E. Stock caster numbers. :beer:

Note: this may or may not equate to stock arm length. Just put all the 4 control arm bolts in, and see where you are at... make adjustments as necessary. Easy. If adjustments are necessary, don't forget to check toe, and of course recenter the steering wheel.

Does positioning the tire in the wheel have to be taken into consideration or will it work its way out once caster if dialed in?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Does positioning the tire in the wheel have to be taken into consideration or will it work its way out once caster if dialed in?

what is your control arm setup? ...since you have no rig specs in your profile...

for MOST people, no. it will work itself out within reason. If you have all 8 adjustable arms, it depends if you used the uppers or the lowers to comp caster on the previous axle. Generally, for the front axle, use the lowers to locate, and the uppers to set caster; and in the rear, use the uppers to locate and lowers for pinion angle. but this isnt always the case. so it depends.

Top Bottom