Which lift? Lift help please!!

flyinhi03

So I have searched and searched for advice about lifts. Since the JK has been out for about 10 years now I figured this suspension stuff would be simple. My new JKU is needing a lift and 37" tires. I know gears should be upgraded as well. For a weekend warrior family truckster which lift would fit the bill the best. Evo enforcer 4" with King 2.5 shocks. Evo bolt on coilovers? EVO DD coilover? JKS JSPEC? ROCK KRAWLER X FACTOR? Is it better to do all 8 control arms? Cost is a factor however I truly believe that cost is forgotten long before quality is remembered. It seems it just depends on which forum I am reading the answers differ.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

Coilovers seem a little over the top for a weekend warrior family truckster but if you have the money and want to spend it on them, go for it. If I were you I'd be looking at one of the basic coil lifts.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
EVO 4" soft ride with kings or even Rancho 9000's would do for what you say you want. Add in a front driveshaft and a draglink flip. Maybe the 3" if you run flat fenders.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I would not give in to the urge. If it were me I would go at least a 2.5 inch with 35 inch tires. The new Rancho 2 inch with 9000. You would have to trim. Or even go with the J spec 2.5.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

flyinhi03

So I did some math. The EVO enforcer coil spring lift with king 2.5 shocks and a drag link flip kit is 3162.88. The enforcer pro stage 1 coil over is 4319.98. The difference is only 1157. I would assume coil overs are at least that much better. Anyone have regrets of not doing coil overs to start.

It seems all brands of coil lifts are roughly the same price when high end shocks are used. What sets all of these companies apart? Most of the top manufactures have their fans and haters. I called 6 different local shops to get their recommendations and I got 6 different answers. Why can't one be far superior than the others??

black pearl

Hooked
I think there all close in price because they're so competitive on sales but spring rate and quality of coil is what sets them apart but what one person thinks rides great another person might not like so much I think get a consensus and make a educated guess if this is your first lift ... hope that made sense

If you're not doing the install yourself, keep in mind the labor on coilovers are going to be WAY more expensive than a standard coil lift. Lots of people are happy with enforcer with kings or ranchos.

flyinhi03

I will be installing the lift myself. I have access to an automotive shop with all the tools and a lift.

I know the stage 1 coil over lift and the 4" coil spring lift both come with front lower adjustable control arms. Is it wise to upgrade all 8 or is it just overkill.

flyinhi03

Thanks for the input. I believe I have narrowed it down to the EVO enforcer 4" spring lift with all 8 arms and king 2.5. The other lift that was brought to my attention was the rock krawler xfactor 3.5 lift with fox 2.0 shocks. Leaning towards evo because of the kings. Anyone think otherwise.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
I think you need to ask yourself what do you want to do with your Jeep. Then, go from there to look at kits that will serve your purpose.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I agree here. With what your saying you're going to use your jeep for i think the enforcer with king shocks is the sweet spot. Yeah coilovers are awesome but honestly if you're not utilizing them for what they are for then you're just dropping more cash, not to mention install work, on something to look pretty. I personally don't see the need for all 8 control arms, just the front lowers that come with the lift to correct your caster. This lift will see you comfortably down most trails and be comfy on the highway home.

PHX JK

The Enforcer 4" and your choice of shocks or coil over sounds like a winner. The Rock Crawler is for sure a good lift too.
Going 37"s and doing it right is where major expense comes in. I went 35's and have a 3 year plan to go to 37's that why I
went 4in on the lift. 37's can be a drag without hyro steering, stock gears, and stock front axle. The way I see it once I need new tires going to 37s will be about a 6 or 7k investment tires included from a well built 35in set up. One step toward 37's i might do is the Hyro Steering so I will just be down to gears and axle upgrades.

Not hard to go crazy and have 100k sunk in a JK. Not me Man!!!!!!!
PHX JK

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
That is awesome I don't need all 8 arms. That will save some money for other upgrades. Thanks for the advice.

Agree with Judesign, I can't see how you can do much better for your application than with that set up and for a good price to boot. Once you get the stuff together make sure to post up the pics, it should be sweet!

GraniteCrystal

The Enforcer 4" and your choice of shocks or coil over sounds like a winner. The Rock Crawler is for sure a good lift too.
Going 37"s and doing it right is where major expense comes in. I went 35's and have a 3 year plan to go to 37's that why I
went 4in on the lift. 37's can be a drag without hyro steering, stock gears, and stock front axle. The way I see it once I need new tires going to 37s will be about a 6 or 7k investment tires included from a well built 35in set up. One step toward 37's i might do is the Hyro Steering so I will just be down to gears and axle upgrades.

Not hard to go crazy and have 100k sunk in a JK. Not me Man!!!!!!!
PHX JK
I have a 37s without hydro. I don't notice it. I'd go to 37s first and then decide what you need. Don't pull the trigger on something that expensive before you know if you even need it.

RSQCON

...Anyone think otherwise
You already mentioned it in a previous post. I would go with the coilover setup. It's marginally more expensive and it's a bolt on kit so labor cost will only be marginally more as well. You can do wantever you want with arms if you do the long arm kit the install cost is the same no matter which kit you run.

I was in your shoes a couple weeks ago trying to make my decision. I had narrowed it down to the bolt on coilover or enforcer kit. The difference is only a couple grand and I won't be second guessing myself.

Top Bottom