Superchips question

Napalm

Did you buy it new? If not, was the VIN properly cleared from the previous owner?

Also - did you update it after purchase? I remember having to update mine immediately after pulling it out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wcarlson40

Did you take your Jeep to the dealer without removing the tuning? If they did a system update at the dealer, your super chips device thinks it's a new vehicle.

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
Contact Superchips they will need you unlock your file
^^^^^ this exactly. And, yes, if your going to take it to a dealer or any service in which they may or may not use your obd port it is recommended that you reset to "stock" prior to turning over your keys. I set mine to stock religiously to avoid what your experiencing now, the 'lock out'.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clark Griswold

I put the decals that came with the programmer on the front of the Jeep and next to the shifter so they don't mess with it, actually the service advisers notice it right away and put it in their notes, they weren't concerned at all about warranty either as I asked, might not be the same with every dealer though.

Sent from my VS987 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Eezybreezy08

Contact Superchips they will need you unlock your file

Do what he says. Mine got locked in crawl mode and I had to call them to get it fixed. It took them a day or two and a few downloads and they had me fixed. They were pretty good about working with me to. Didn't give me any trouble

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DH2002

I have to tell the dealership each time " no updates or it will freeze the ecm" they are pretty good about it

US Army Combat Vet. Afghanistan 2010-2011

Top Bottom