Genright tank and PR80

2011jk

Looking at either the Crawler tank or the 25gal tank.

my questions are:
Who's done one with a PR80 ?
Also any issues with the tank dragging on steep climbs or drop offs.
How far below the frame does each tank set? genright says the 25 gal tank hangs below 4"...that doesn't seem right?

Its going to me much cheaper than trying to design a 1 off tank that will set in the stock location and clear the upper triangulated link arms...and have any fuel capacity.. :mad:

Thanks

Last edited:

2011jk

Trailing arm rear with triangulated uppers...about 20" rear travel.
C/O-Bypasses all 4 corners.
Little over 14" front.

Its going to slow for a build post so once done Ill post up.

So anyone with a Genright tank?

AdrockTT

Trailing arm rear with triangulated uppers...about 20" rear travel.
C/O-Bypasses all 4 corners.
Little over 14" front.

Its going to slow for a build post so once done Ill post up.

So anyone with a Genright tank?

No tank experience to offer, but sub'd to see 20" rear/14" front travel! Do document the build, sounds intense. This a trail only rig or planning for dual use?

I briefly looked into this before deciding it was not worth the headache.. my plan was to buy an old factory TJ gas tank and plop it in between the rear frame rails and have it sit just flush with the rear trunk floor. If you wanted it higher you always could have it more inside the trunk and less below the frame rails, if that makes sense. There is a thread on a forum i found that someone did it. Looked very clean and for $100 gas tank compared to the $2000 gas tank at GR, I definitely was going to give it a try. I heard the 05-06 TJ tanks were the best and you could make their TJ pump work or could use the JK pump work with longer rods..

2011jk

Its a daily driver-do anything build.

I've been looking at the TJ tank also..

Or building my own.

Fyi the Genright tanks retail at $1500 with the skid so their really less than that.

2011jk

Tank is in and I have plenty of room to push the axle back if I need. Best guess-measuring is the axle is centered in my cut wheel wheels.

Only problem with the tank is it uses to small of roll over vents so ordered some 1/2".

Wish they would have a 1.5" filler neck...then I'd redo the JK filler so fill ups would be much faster.

Attachments

• IMG_2631.jpg
    IMG_2631.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 73
Top Bottom