Dynomax evolution competition exhaust

hillybilly

I'm ready to pull the trigger on this system. Anyone have any problems with fumes due to the exhaust exiting underneath the way it does?... With top on or off?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Haven't yet. Thought I might, but not even when I sat in the drive through at in and our burger the other day (10 min). 😉👍

aldaman

Waiting for my Dynomax Evo to be delivered. Placed an order last week. Question, does anyone know if this mod is still required (trimming of the evap skid plate). Thanks...:thumb:

c0db934dc1e00cd11ddb1c02631e5ca2_zps0c576bd9.jpg

1b5e188cfab712facd61cece3cc87165_zps93dd1956.jpg

cebdb1d91412ced301d68b4b9caf1c5a_zpsbe6992ff.jpg

¥

MTG

Caught the Bug
Waiting for my Dynomax Evo to be delivered. Placed an order last week. Question, does anyone know if this mod is still required (trimming of the evap skid plate). Thanks...:thumb:

¥

I trimmed a little off the lip. Then just tightened it down. 👍

PJF14

c0db934dc1e00cd11ddb1c02631e5ca2_zps0c576bd9.jpg

1b5e188cfab712facd61cece3cc87165_zps93dd1956.jpg

cebdb1d91412ced301d68b4b9caf1c5a_zpsbe6992ff.jpg

¥

I just installed mine last week. I did not do this trimming simply because I did not have the proper tools. However, I was still able to tighten it down. Other than it not being completely flush, it worked fine.

GCM 2

No problems with fumes at all sitting or driving. I have the Dynomax Rockcrawler exhaust and it basically dumps right beneath the floor where my rear seat bolts are or maybe just below the passenger's feet on a four door. I think because most jeeps sit high enough, the exhaust has no trouble clearing out from below.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Definitely no problems with fumes and no, you don't have to trim the lip of the EVAP skid, I just like a clean install :D

BLK_Mamba_JKU

I trimmed a little off the lip. Then just tightened it down. ddc4d

Same here...had to trim the lip with the saw zaw to accommodate the hanger bracket to mount flush.

Instructions don't mention it, nice to know someone else had the same hiccup. It created doubt...b/c I might have been doing wrong.

Also, if possible, I would recommend bending the support bracket too, I didn't bend it, the fit is to tight between the bracket and clamp, had to trim the clamp too...because the bracket's weld impeded a good fit.

It's to tight, medal clamp touching medal bracket nub, it gone to be a problem of rattle and wear.

The design should allow it to hang by the rubber grommets.

BLK_Mamba_JKU

I trimmed a little off the lip. Then just tightened it down. ddc4d

I never like to leave any comment on a negative note.

Besides from the minor fitment problem, I love the new exhaust and sound, no issues noticed with exhaust fumes with hard top on.

The higher your lift the less likely fumes will be an issue.

aldaman

I just received my Dynomax Evo exhaust today :clap2: but as I was reading the instructions, I noticed step #2 requires cutting of the intermediate pipe 2.5" before installation. For those of you that installed this exhaust in your '12-'13 JKU, did you cut that pipe as instructed? I didn't see that as a step on the forum write-up. Please advise, thanks :thumb:

95f928710de9145149571b22d89ab236_zps256c630b.jpg

WillMooseJaw

It also says to cut 2-2.5" off of the end of the y pipe in the 07-11 JKU. I didn't do this which didn't matter as everything but the last hanger lined up perfectly. I got the last hanger to fit by leaving the bracket hanger that bolts onto the evap skid provided loose enough so that the isolator lined up, then I tightened down the bracket thus pulling the exhaust up making it a nice and tight fit. If I had cut the 2" off this fit would have been easier, but it fit without cutting it just fine. :yup:

Deuane

I put it on a while ago, no issue with fumes, not if u sit or stand next to it or u will smell it.
I did not brother to take the sticker out when I install it, make sure u do that or it will get burnt, especially on the muffler it self it a clear sticker that u will not notice that goes around the muffler..

BLK_Mamba_JKU

I just received my Dynomax Evo exhaust today :clap2: but as I was reading the instructions, I noticed step #2 requires cutting of the intermediate pipe 2.5" before installation. For those of you that installed this exhaust in your '12-'13 JKU, did you cut that pipe as instructed? I didn't see that as a step on the forum write-up. Please advise, thanks :thumb:

Yes, I followed step two, cut 2.5 inch from intermediate pipe. No issues with that step. The cut is to shorten the intermediate pipe so the exhaust can fit between the two frame cross members. Not sure the correct technical term for them. Someone with correct me it I'm wrong.

Top Bottom