94 YJ LS2 Build

ArmyStrong

I am currently an active duty U. S. Army Officer, and a veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan. Currently deployed, I work exhausting hours every day engaged in our mission, I still find time to do what I love. I just have to dream about it until I can get back home to my family. I also like giving back, and my goal is to combine my love for the outdoors, and off-roading to do so. The LINK REMOVED jeep has been a few years in the making, and nearly complete! Once finished we will host several weekend runs for Soldiers, Family, friends, and anyone wishing to roll along. We will always “pay it forward.”

iWarriorTacticalJeepYJ94.jpg

We started with the frame and body of a 94 YJ. We stretched the frame for a 112" WB and custom built the 4-link long arm suspension. Axles swapped from a 99 Ford F250 Super Duty, We removed the gas tank and placed the fuel cell behind the rear seat. The seats will all be re-upholstered to match website logo when complete. The engine swap consists of a 2007 aluminum block 6.0 LS2, with a modified 4L7E trannsmission and an Atlas II 3.8 Transfer Case. I sent the YJ wiring harness away to get recoded for the LS2 and tuned for the stage 2 Texas speed cam. Headers are still an issue, as the corvette header we ordered did not fit! Will probably get a kit and custom fab for fitment. Sitting pretty on top of 42" Pitbull Rockers on 17x10 Trail Ready beadlocks. The cage is from Poison Spyder secured to the frame, and the front bumper will be from PS as well, with a 10.5 synthetic winch for those less than sticky situations. The body is to be smoothed out and a vinyl wrap with my company colors and logo (link removed) will be stuck on! Still a ton of work to be completed and I hope it is near completion upon my return from the sandbox!!

13775402_1157932377602692_1171334051135243407_n.jpg

I am currently stationed at Fort Bragg, NC and "possibly" heading back out west to Colorado for my next assignment (fingers crossed). I grew up in San Diego, and ran all over the Sierra Nevada's with my old man in a 79' Land Cruiser! This is my first Jeep and I haven't even had the joy of driving it yet!! Can't wait!
Looking forward to wheeling with you...see you on the trails!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to WAL and thank you for your service. You really need to read the T's and C's before posting up something like this right out of the gate, though...

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAL and if i were you.. I'd edit that link out of your post before too many people hop on the ass reaming bus.

WJCO

Meme King
Thank you for your service. To make it easier for you, I removed your solicitation link. Please re-read the rules that you already agreed to. Thank you.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Be sure to update us on the build as you are able. Sure looks like something we here would enjoy following. Not everyone realizes this isn't a JK exclusive site, so cool older builds are posted less often. Thanks for sharing and for your service!

Top Bottom