Soft top Spring assist?

Kalums

Ok first of I understand I don't need the spring assist. That being said I think I unsprung mine or stretched it some how. Before I installed the third row roll cage when I took the front clips loose from the windshield the top would pop up and be super easy to just flip back. After removing the rear 2 bows (they both connect to the bracket for the spring assist) it now doesn't do that AND the front bow(above and behind the driver's seat) moves around just enough at about 70 making a clacking /ticking sound to drive me nuts... So my question is: Does anyone now how to re tension the springs? 1494009050275.jpg 1494009150560.jpg first photo is what I took loose second is what is clacking around @ 70 +. I would like to point out that I did not take the nuts off the top rear bow just took the bracket off the roll bar, but I did take the rear most bow off the bracket to put it over the roll bar

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Napalm

Eh, I was not a fan of the spring assist mechanism. My advice to you would be to just pull it and put in the regular soft top rear brackets! Haha. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kalums

I was actually thinking about just finding a good(used) non assist... But $$ is restrictive right now
Edited because I can't spell.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom