Radiator spray kit

ryager13

Coming from Subaru WRX's and racing them I know that there are intercooler spray kits for all years to be able to cool down the intercooler. Hell the STI at one point had one built in from factory. Now that I have utilized the Jeep more and more I am starting to see the mud and crawling are making a lot of heat. I am wondering if you guys have ever heard of anybody doing a radiator spray kit for the Jeep? Just to keep things a little cooler for the engine. Thoughts on this please.

WJCO

Meme King
I know what you're talking about but for a Jeep application, I have not heard of anyone doing it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I just take a hose to the rad on the front and back side and just rinse it all out, especially after a day on the trails. You would be surprised as to how much just letting water run over it helps wash all the crap out

ryager13

I just take a hose to the rad on the front and back side and just rinse it all out, especially after a day on the trails. You would be surprised as to how much just letting water run over it helps wash all the crap out

It is not for afterwords it is for when on the trail to cool things down in the engine. A little water goes a long way. Especially for the rock crawlers on here.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It is not for afterwords it is for when on the trail to cool things down in the engine. A little water goes a long way. Especially for the rock crawlers on here.

Understood. I should have prefaced with I have never heard of one either like wjco said and I do the clean up afterwords

WJCO

Meme King

You're referring to a water jet kit that sprays water in front of the intercooler/radiator correct?

jeeeep

Hooked
I would think any of the existing kits would be easy to use on the Jeep given there is space behind the radiator for a reservoir

ryager13

You're referring to a water jet kit that sprays water in front of the intercooler/radiator correct?

That is correct. I would think that jeep would have a kit already made for it. I am very surprised I have not found anything on it.

ryager13

Understood. I should have prefaced with I have never heard of one either like wjco said and I do the clean up afterwords

Oh ok, yeah I hate cleaning it out after mudding. Here in NC that is what we have a lot of and it just seems like it never goes away. Sprinklers set up underneath it help a lot though lol.

Top Bottom