Need help with some possible issues I found...

Calico Jack

Hey guys, I need your opinions on some things I noticed last weekend while installing my lift. 2015 JKUR, manual transmission. Any help or opinions are greatly appreciated,

The first pictures are of my front drive shaft. It looks like it may have been leaking at one time and sprayed my oilpan and the rest of the components around it. Could anyone help diagnose this issue?

The second set of pictures is of the rear of my transfer case just behind the crossmember, It looks like it may have leaked at one point too but nothing active. Any opinions? is this something I need to worry about or fix?

And finally... It looks like my rear pumpkin may have a small leak at the top?? Any ideas or suggestions.

Thank you all in advance for your help and assistance.

WJCO

Meme King
1st one. Pinion seal is dry. Looks like someone used penetrating oil to pull the driveshaft, then when someone drove it, it sprayed around, I wouldn't worry about that one.

2nd one, Tcase leak looks either like a previous repair or a possible leak. Clean with brake clean and keep an eye on it.

3rd one, clean the diff cover and keep an eye on it. If it's still leaking, pull the cover and reseal. If you're thinking about an aftermarket cover, this would be the time to do it.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I don't see active leaks there. Assuming you park in the same spot everyday, keep an eye out for oil spots on your driveway. If there are none, you're good

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Calico Jack

1st one. Pinion seal is dry. Looks like someone used penetrating oil to pull the driveshaft, then when someone drove it, it sprayed around, I wouldn't worry about that one.

2nd one, Tcase leak looks either like a previous repair or a possible leak. Clean with brake clean and keep an eye on it.

3rd one, clean the diff cover and keep an eye on it. If it's still leaking, pull the cover and reseal. If you're thinking about an aftermarket cover, this would be the time to do it.

I don't see active leaks there. Assuming you park in the same spot everyday, keep an eye out for oil spots on your driveway. If there are none, you're good

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks guys! There is nothing in my driveway to suggest a leak, I will buy some brake cleaner and clean up the spots on the transmission case and keep an eye on it. My Jeep has 30K so I guess its probably a good time to change ALL the fluids and start shopping for a new diff cover.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Nothing to worry about there. Unless you're getting puddles, it's just rust prevention.

Top Bottom