Switching coils 2.5 to 3.5

Pyro1415

Please no rk sucks or anything like that. I'm trying to get my jeep a little higher up to clear the 37s easier I plan on buying an evo kit at the end of summer.

I currently have the base tf 2.5 coil lift that came with brake line adjusters. I purchased some rk 3.5 coils that were about 6 months old and would like to throw them on. I was planning on buying new front links for now, could I get away with that for now or would extended brake lines be needed?

Not worried about my driveshaft and yes I'm running stock arms so I may not even be able to flex down enough for brake lines to matter yet.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AdrockTT

Please no rk sucks or anything like that. I'm trying to get my jeep a little higher up to clear the 37s easier I plan on buying an evo kit at the end of summer.

I currently have the base tf 2.5 coil lift that came with brake line adjusters. I purchased some rk 3.5 coils that were about 6 months old and would like to throw them on. I was planning on buying new front links for now, could I get away with that for now or would extended brake lines be needed?

Not worried about my driveshaft and yes I'm running stock arms so I may not even be able to flex down enough for brake lines to matter yet.

Seems you're well aware of the performance downgrade that this might offer in real life application. I assume you're rubbing the 37s or otherwise have a reason to potentially lessen your off-road performance (or you'll certainly be speeding the supporting mods like adjustable arms, driveshaft, etc.)

That said, you should prob be ok with the brake lines temporarily, esp since you don't plan to (and prob can't) flex it much. You can always un-tether the lines and re route them a bit. The factory lines are long enough for 3.5" without big flex.
Don't forget about your bump stops being setup correctly.

PS - This prob does NOT belong in the write up section!

Pyro1415

Seems you're well aware of the performance downgrade that this might offer in real life application. I assume you're rubbing the 37s or otherwise have a reason to potentially lessen your off-road performance (or you'll certainly be speeding the supporting mods like adjustable arms, driveshaft, etc.)

That said, you should prob be ok with the brake lines temporarily, esp since you don't plan to (and prob can't) flex it much. You can always un-tether the lines and re route them a bit. The factory lines are long enough for 3.5" without big flex.
Don't forget about your bump stops being setup correctly.

PS - This prob does NOT belong in the write up section!

Oh your right sorry it's been a while since I've posted and the apps changed a bit. How do I move it?

Yeah I plan on buying a full kit down the road so I didn't want to spend the money twice. I will test flex disconnected and see if it's too much but my understanding is the stock arms limit it pretty bad.
Thanks for the help and is that 3.5 after rerouting or as is?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Oh your right sorry it's been a while since I've posted and the apps changed a bit. How do I move it?

Yeah I plan on buying a full kit down the road so I didn't want to spend the money twice. I will test flex disconnected and see if it's too much but my understanding is the stock arms limit it pretty bad.
Thanks for the help and is that 3.5 after rerouting or as is?

It has been moved.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
If you are keeping the same shocks, then you already know your brakelines are okay. Your axle isn't going to droop any further than currently with just new springs.

As someone that runs a 2.5" with 37" KM2s, I personally suggest staying with what you have. I run 1.25" bumpstops in front and 1.75" in the rear and only have minor rubbing.

At 3.5", you are looking at a front DS, adjustable front LCAs, and a high steer kit. That starts to get pricey fast.

IMG_6567.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom