Coax Length for JKU with CB Mounted Above the Mirror to Rear Tire Carrier

PHX JK

I am gonna Mount my EVO Tire carrier to my Jeep and want to install my Antenna Mount and route the coax to the above the Mirror location.
Ive been told that you have to be careful not to bundle up too much extra cable so I should probably get a just enough. Is 18" enough I think the next longer available length is 24 feet.
PHX

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
18' should be fine. Do a test fit before tucking it through as a test. You may be okay going through the roll bar padding, but if you have too much slack, you may want to try running along the door jams to take up some extra cable.

If you feel comfortable soldering the end, you could always get it without the end connected and then cut to fit.

tgoss

18' should be more than fine. I've run them for people up by the mirror with plenty to spare.

austin160

18' will get you down the to the roll bar and straight back to the door under the pad. I can't remember, but I don't recall having a lot of slack to hide. It was plenty of cable though.

BobNH

I am gonna Mount my EVO Tire carrier to my Jeep and want to install my Antenna Mount and route the coax to the above the Mirror location.
Ive been told that you have to be careful not to bundle up too much extra cable so I should probably get a just enough. Is 18" enough I think the next longer available length is 24 feet.
PHX

You could always take a length of clothesline and dry run a setup that way. You would get the length, and determine if you like it or want to lay it out along a different route. And yes, minimize coils, and never tight ones.
Good luck

zimm

Caught the Bug
18' will work with a couple extra feet to hide in the windshield header. I ran mine along the top of the roll bar, then down the roll bar and through the tail gate. If you get the firestick firering, the other end comes off so you have a small diameter connector that will fit through the tailgate plug. Also the fire ring fits in the tight confines of the EVO antenna mounting spot.

I ended up grounding the tire mount to the jeep with a separate wire. The carrier isn't grounded when it's bolted onto the jeep. I sanded down under one of the mounting bolts, and ran a 12 gauge wire through the tail gate and terminated it behind the plate that holds the tailgate stop thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom