can't get smittybilt XRC rock sliders off..

Removing my Smittybilt XRC rock sliders and having issues remove the rear bolt. The front two came off no problem (16mm) and I jacked up the jeep so the long arm wasn't in the way of the forward rear bolt.. but the most rear bolt will not come off. It keeps slipping and I don't want to strip it.. ideas? It is very tight fit up there with the socket..

IMG_4813.JPG IMG_4815.JPG IMG_4817.JPG :thinking:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Is it metric or imperial? Nevermind. That's metric, right? Can you try a standard socket that is just a smidgen too small, and beat it into the nut?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

JKcity

I just took some Smitty's off mine and used a 5/8 spark plug socket. They were making a god awful squeel squeak noise.

JKcity

I just wanted to come back and say that my steps were not the squeek. Pure coincidence that the noise started when I installed them. After two tries at the dealer, it's brand new with 500 miles it turned out to be a catalytic converter. The heat shield had some bad welds. New catalytic and no more noise. Covered under warranty of course. The techs initial guess was transmission so this turned out much better.

Top Bottom