dash light help

So occasionally when I am driving this light will pop up.. and then it will go away randomly as well. No rhyme or reason. Research points to being some ABS or speed sensor issue? Thoughts? How would I go about identifying the issue and correcting it is my real question.. Much appreciated!

IMG_4764.JPG

JAGS

Hooked
Your steering wheel is likely not centered. You can check in the write ups as it's a pretty easy fix if you have a wrench/socket set.

10abadilla/jk

Mine seems to do the same thing every so often. I usually just shut the jeep off when I have a chance and restart it. It goes away every time I do that and does not come on for a while. I think your probably right about the sensor. But like JAGS said. It could be your steering wheel not being centered. I centered my wheel. So I pretty much narrowed it down to a sensor.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I had the same problem few weeks ago. After doing c gussets my steering wheel was of a bit, then couple weeks later I did my ball joints and disconnected my drag link and tie rod. I also broke one of my speed sensors and had to replace it with new one. Anyway, after everything was put back together my steering wheel was off a bit, about and 1/8 of a turn. That doesn't seem like much but the light came on and stayed on even after restarting the jeep.
I would start with making sure the steering wheel is centered, then give it couple hours of run time to let the computer clear this code. Also check if speed sensor wire isn't pinched anywhere. It also could be a bad sensor. If the sensor is bad you will need to scan the jeep to find out which one is causing the light to come on.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I had the same problem few weeks ago. After doing c gussets my steering wheel was of a bit, then couple weeks later I did my ball joints and disconnected my drag link and tie rod. I also broke one of my speed sensors and had to replace it with new one. Anyway, after everything was put back together my steering wheel was off a bit, about and 1/8 of a turn. That doesn't seem like much but the light came on and stayed on even after restarting the jeep.
I would start with making sure the steering wheel is centered, then give it couple hours of run time to let the computer clear this code. Also check if speed sensor wire isn't pinched anywhere. It also could be a bad sensor. If the sensor is bad you will need to scan the jeep to find out which one is causing the light to come on.

Well my steering wheel DEFINITELY is not centered.. it is off pretty bad as I just gave up adjusting it every time I go off roading hah but I also had a slight issue with my brake line and ABS line getting pulled a bit so I assumed something probably happen there.. I will check out the center steering wheel thread.. either way that would be nice to center the wheel again, don't think it has been straight since the first time I drove it

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Well my steering wheel DEFINITELY is not centered.. it is off pretty bad as I just gave up adjusting it every time I go off roading hah but I also had a slight issue with my brake line and ABS line getting pulled a bit so I assumed something probably happen there.. I will check out the center steering wheel thread.. either way that would be nice to center the wheel again, don't think it has been straight since the first time I drove it

It's really easy to center the steering wheel. Grab a wrench with you and go for a ride. It took me like 10-15 min to get it dead nuts center. Keep adjusting it and driving a little and so on until you have it where you want it.
After I centered mine, the light turned off after couple hours. Hopefully that's all you need to do.

10abadilla/jk

That sounds like that is the cause of the light being on

That sounds like that is the cause of the light being on

I didn't have time today (removed fenders and rock sliders) and prob won't have time tomorrow either but this weekend I will definitely give it a go and see! The problem is it isn't always on.. so ill center the steering wheel and look around the ABS and speed sensor and see if anything is obvious, otherwise just will drive and hope doesn't come back on

Top Bottom