OEM stickers starting to peel off...

jorgelrod

Hooked
Just noticed my sport OEM stickers are starting to peel off. Im almost at 4 years with the Jeep but I'm not sure if it might be a defect since the wrangler and unlimited ones are not peeling.

Anyone else had this issue??

IMG_4551.jpg
IMG_4509.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
my Rubicon hood sticker started to peel off 2 years after I bought it.

now it looks like Asian lettering from a distance. I get comments on how cool it looks until they get close enough to see it's just peeling off :cheesy:

I use the wash nozzle to try and get more off each time as I'm too lazy to actually just remove what's left

tgoss

LOL, they are hideous to begin with. God's trying to do you a solid, just finish it off.

MVSicari

Took mine off within the first hour of ownership! Hope the paint around them doesn't look faded after four years after they're off

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
If it bothers you and you don't want to replace the stickers, then carefully use a razor blade to cut the sticker (don't press too hard that you damage the paint) just inside of where it is peeling up. Then remove the cut portion.

I did this on my Rubicon stickers 6 years ago and they haven't started to peel again.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

JKcity

Peeled mine off as soon as I got it. You may need a little help with goo gone and then hope your paint matches underneath.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Peeled mine off as soon as I got it. You may need a little help with goo gone and then hope your paint matches underneath.

I'm getting wrangler stickers for the hood and so I peeled the wrangler one off from under the sport sticker. Definitely needed the goo gone and a little elbow grease. My paint match was fine though I was worried about it since the Arizona sun had beat on it for 2 years.

Top Bottom