Cold air induction and throttle body spacer on 3.6

TheMikeD

I just installed the Airaid CAI and throttle body space last week on my 13. I can definitely feel a difference in acceleration and I'v actually had better gas milage since the change. The engine noticeably more throaty, too. :rock: I think it was worth the $.

Rock-itman

Who's running these with their 3.6??? Enough gains to justify the expense??

If your looking for HP or torque , i can honestly say its about 0 gain go to airaids faqs listing on the site.If you can locate the dyno testing graph youll see the HP actual decreases at top rpm and torque is a little better at lower rpm's but again not up high . I called them and they affirmed this . I was asking for Hp & Torque , which it's again totally diff from the 3.8 (slug) engine pre 2012, compared to 3.6 in the 2012 & up . Goodluck chk out the graph . I had great improvements w/ my other TJ 06 rubicon . But my 2012 JKUR UGGGGGHHHH waste of money !! Unless you like the sound for 327$ or so . If you want that get it for free by removing the muffler :brows:

FoxC

Just installed the AFE CAI. Great sound but too early to say on any performance gains. The sound alone is worth it to me...:yup:

Hollywd32

I too just put on the airraid cai and damn! Nice sound but gas mileage went from 11.5 to 16.5 on a 600 mile road trip. Also more hp . I have a 2011 jku rubicon with 35" tires. Im impressed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rock-itman

I too just put on the airraid cai and damn! Nice sound but gas mileage went from 11.5 to 16.5 on a 600 mile road trip. Also more hp . I have a 2011 jku rubicon with 35" tires. Im impressed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using WAYALIFE mobile app

They seem to work well w/ the 3.8 engine pre 12 but then as i said before no gains on the 3.6 /12 & up the dynos are there to prove the point . the throotle body spacer is a total waste on the newer models also . Already time for a hemi upgrade for realtime performance 392/6.4 VVT hemi 500 hp which is what BOR is already installling seems to be the best way . Now thats a perf mod

Top Bottom