Why is my Pro Rock 60 tie rod not taking grease?

The Cock Father

Finished the install on my Hardcore PR60 and tried to add grease to the tie rod ends. But for whatever reason, it seems to not accept grease. The boot does not look or feel full and has not oozed any grease, yet I can't pump anymore in because the grease gun is too hard to pump.

I removed the fitting and there is some in the ball joint, but not the boot.

Never seen this...

WJCO

Meme King
Eddie was just recently saying that he's seen some that bottom out and prevent grease from entering. The solution would be shorter thread depth of the zerk.

The Cock Father

Thnaks for the responses. After going to bed and tossing all night thinking about it, I agree with the responses.

I'll first take off the zerk and see if grease will flow through it. If that works, then I'll not screw it in all the way and see what happens.

I was tired and frustrated last night and decided to just sleep on it.

Thnaks again.

The Cock Father

Something is plugged up or you are out of grease.
How'd the install go??

The install went really well. If you've ever installed a lift with all 8 control arms, it's same level of difficulty or ease.

Probably the biggest initial challenge was simply the weight of these things! Compared to old D44s, I was intimidated. But I put them on three dollys nad lowered the Jeep down to the axles. Made it a lot easier.

Everything else is pretty straight forward. I do wish Dynatrac included some sort of installation instructions, just to confirm everything was done to their recommendations.

Top Bottom