Upgrade or wait for new JL?

wrtundra

1st post! Lol but i'm not new to forums.

I've had a few jeeps in the past and currently have a 2015 Rubicon with a long arm kit, 37's, full armor, fendors, ect. It's not super built but totally fine for almost everything i've thrown at it.

I've been to Moab twice now with the last time being for EJS. There were a few things I couldn't make up because of tire size and a few things I strapped on due to safety.

I want to upgrade in a major way. I want to put a big engine, big tranny, new transfer case, 60/80 axles, coils and bypass, roll cage, harness, seats, basically everything. Most people suggested i just build a buggy but like the "stock" look and i like the vin so I can drive it around town.

Does anyone have any experience on building a new-gen JKU? How long did vendors take to update their parts? I know it doesn't look that different but modifying the interior and window rake to resemble a 2018 would be annoying.

I only ask because I was the first to build a lux prerunner with a 2nd gen Tundra and they almost every vendor used my rig for mocking parts. The dez industry is much smaller then the jeep industry so maybe the jeep industry is quicker?

I'd like to have the new rig by EJS next year.

whatroads

1st post! Lol but i'm not new to forums.

I want to upgrade in a major way. I want to put a big engine, big tranny, new transfer case, 60/80 axles, coils and bypass, roll cage, harness, seats, basically everything. Most people suggested i just build a buggy but like the "stock" look and i like the vin so I can drive it around town.

I'd like to have the new rig by EJS next year.

If it were myself, I would sell your existing Rubi and use to money to finance the build. I would then buy an early model JKU striped down sport that the body and electronics are in good working order. No rust either. I would build up from there. Since you want to essentially replace the entire engine, tranny, tcase and drive train I would not start with a Rubicon.

jeffj

Caught the Bug
If your wanting to do a major build now I would stick with the jk just because the after market world is so big. It's going to take a while for them to catch up to the JL.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom