EVO coilovers on Ultimate Dana 60 question

still in school

I'm currently installing Evo's coilover kit along with a set of UD60's. I swapped out the rear rockstars to the UD60 versions and I've cut off the brackets per the instructions but it seems really tight to fit. I've already ground down the welds and I have to forcefully bang it in place and it just doesn't seem right (see attached pictures). The lower, forward UD60 bracket is stopping the Rockstar sliders from fully seating. I can shave some of it down, but I would also have to shave part of the Rockstar brackets at the top, maybe even part of the EVO logo. I'm thinking I have the D44 Rockstars. Anyone done this install before can chime in? Thanks

image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG

Benito

Caught the Bug
I might be wrong and I don't know if this applies but I think the UD44 has 1/4" bracketry, I think the rockstar skids for the 60 is for 3/16" bracketry that dynatrac uses

tgoss

You definitely have D60 bracketry. The D44 is already powder coated black.

Those brackets are specifically made for Dynatrac axles so that would be my first thought of fitment issues, but regardless I had to modify the fvck out of mine to make it work on my 60. Just keep cutting and grinding and weld them on everywhere you can.

still in school

I might be wrong and I don't know if this applies but I think the UD44 has 1/4" bracketry, I think the rockstar skids for the 60 is for 3/16" bracketry that dynatrac uses

You're right, but I swapped the 44 brackets out for these.

You definitely have D60 bracketry. The D44 is already powder coated black.

Those brackets are specifically made for Dynatrac axles so that would be my first thought of fitment issues, but regardless I had to modify the fvck out of mine to make it work on my 60. Just keep cutting and grinding and weld them on everywhere you can.

Ahhhhh, I thought they were made for UD60. Dang... I don't know how to weld...

Aside from coating, what do you see that makes these stand out as D60 bracketry?

tgoss

You're right, but I swapped the 44 brackets out for these.

Ahhhhh, I thought they were made for UD60. Dang... I don't know how to weld...

Aside from coating, what do you see that makes these stand out as D60 bracketry?

They will work, you're just going to have to make it work unfortunately, it's not "bolt-on" like the D44 versions. These are 100% made to weld on hence why they come raw.

Top Bottom