"Stick on Armor?"

Breer

Caught the Bug
So I recently scored a set of rubicon sliders for my 15 JKU. I know they aren't the best protection but they are better than nothing and only $50. I was looking at some rocker armor to go along with them since they will be something that can stay in place down the road when I upgrade to a frame mounted slider.

I saw genright makes a set for about half the price that literally just sticks on, they are aluminum though. Does anyone think they will offer any protection outside of a boot scuff? I'm seeing it both ways, part of me thinks it will just crease or something into the body, then I also think well it's aluminum so it has to have some strength... anyone seen these?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I have the PS rocker armor, the kind that has to be drilled in, ORE has a similar piece, but I think it's made for debris protection, and I do think stick on armor with quality adhesive will provide the same protection. I am NOT talking about sliders just to be clear.

J

JKDream

I have the PS rocker armor, the kind that has to be drilled in, ORE has a similar piece, but I think it's made for debris protection, and I do think stick on armor with quality adhesive will provide the same protection. I am NOT talking about sliders just to be clear.

I'm running ORE's rocker armor with rubicon sliders.
I wouldn't say they're for debris protection. I've had rocks slip past my slider and slam into the panel and besides scratching the powdercoat I sustained no damage.
Something held on with adhesive and 1/8" think I would assume would just bend and peel right off. Kind of pointless.
I actually prefer this setup over an aftermarket type slider because of how tight it sits to the body.

Top Bottom