Motor mount repair

GraniteCrystal

1) could I replace mine with a used one that appears to be in good shape or is that a bad idea?
2) How difficult is it to replace? Anybody done this before? Got pics? Any special tools needed?

It's the passenger side on a 2014 JKUR

fiend

Caught the Bug
A new motor mount is 90 bucks. Maybe you save a few bucks going used, but not enough to make it worthwhile.

As far as replacement, I have not done one on a JKU. I have done them on other cars and recall that you can just lift tilt the engine enough with a jack or hoist to slip the old one out and a new one in. If you have the tools, a few buddies, and are mechanically inclined, go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Depending on the price, I would maybe opt for a new one.
As far as doing the job I have no experience, but WJCO might have a point with using your oil pan skid as a surface for holding the engine up.

WJCO

Meme King
Take a picture of the mount in question and post it. I don't recall if I've done one one a 3.6, but most motor mounts are the same, pretty straight forward job. And I would go new.

GraniteCrystal

A new motor mount is 90 bucks. Maybe you save a few bucks going used, but not enough to make it worthwhile.

As far as replacement, I have not done one on a JKU. I have done them on other cars and recall that you can just lift tilt the engine enough with a jack or hoist to slip the old one out and a new one in. If you have the tools, a few buddies, and are mechanically inclined, go for it.

What's your source? I'd love to get it for that price but dealer is quoting me almost $300 for it.

f14framer

IMG_1398.JPG IMG_1397.JPG
Looks pretty easy. Just crawled under mine and it looks like 4 bolts holding it to the block and one that goes through other end of mount and the frame, pretty standard.

GraniteCrystal

Less than $80:

https://www.quadratec.com/vehicle/2007-2017-jeep-wrangler-jk/engine-fuel-system/motor-mounts-lifts

Buy new, and from looking under mine, not hard. Need a jack or an engine hoist.

Take a picture of the mount in question and post it. I don't recall if I've done one one a 3.6, but most motor mounts are the same, pretty straight forward job. And I would go new.
Doug, you had recommended using MOPAR parts. What are your thoughts on this? Crown automotive

WJCO

Meme King
I would recommend Mopar on anything rubber. I've had horrible luck with aftermarket rubber parts including Crown. That's just me. How much does the engine move? Does the one mount move significantly more than the other side? How many miles on the Jeep?

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Agreed, local dealer is $$$$$$

Ebay is good too:

View attachment 259035

That's not bad. They only thing I would watch for is that this seller only sold 8 things on eBay, but feedback is 100% so that good.

I found it even a bit cheaper assuming that's the correct part number. Also I bought from them before good few times and I've been very satisfied. Quick shipping too

http://www.mymoparparts.com/jeep/wr...ngine/engine-cat/mounts-scat/?part_name=mount

OP this site will ask you for your vin number at checkout to make sure this will be a correct fit for your application

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
They're pretty easy to replace, one of the local dealerships had a mount break on their 3.6 at Easter Jeep Safari I lent them my safe Jack to lift the motor enough to pull the mount.
Didn't take much lift
Make sure you loosen the bolts on the opposite side it'll make it easier to get enough lift on the one you need to replace.

GraniteCrystal

They're pretty easy to replace, one of the local dealerships had a mount break on their 3.6 at Easter Jeep Safari I lent them my safe Jack to lift the motor enough to pull the mount.
Didn't take much lift
Make sure you loosen the bolts on the opposite side it'll make it easier to get enough lift on the one you need to replace.
Where did the lift make contact? Don't want to put force on the wrong place.

Last edited:
Top Bottom